Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some things to talk about:

-I think ESPN is rediculous now. 3D virtual chess, spelling b's, world championship poker!? What the sh!t?

-Ever watch the Ping-Pong on ESPN? That sh!t's crazy!

-They should have PB on ESPN. They can have poker on a near daily bases but they cant have PB at all?

·
Registered
522 Posts
ESPN used to have old school pball in '95 and such when they played in the woods...

I don't really watch ESPN that much...ping pong is cool though.

·
Banned
98 Posts
ESPN thinks paintball isnt extreme enough for the xgames ESPN thinks paintball isnt a real sport...well **** ESPN...no one should watch ESPN...fox sports is the way to go!!they acually support paintball!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
fishface313 said:
ESPN thinks paintball isnt extreme enough for the xgames ESPN thinks paintball isnt a real sport...well **** ESPN...no one should watch ESPN...fox sports is the way to go!!they acually support paintball!
i dont think that espn dictates whether or not paintball is put on the xgames, especially since they have xgames on other channels like abc i think.

·
Registered
728 Posts
heck they are all owned by the same person DISNEY :) abc, abc family, disney chanel, espn, espn2, any other offshoots.... I think people still have to get over the using GUNS to SHOOT people, we may have evolved are terminoligy, but to everyone else it looks like some shooting someonesle. Sure lets have gay days at disney. but paintball looks violent. Welcome to corporate america.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i think poker and ping pong are cool to watch on espn. But how can you watch the spelling bee? its just a bunch of kids crying because they spelled deoxyribonucleic wrong

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
You guys dont understand. It is not because paintball is not man enough a sport that they dont play it on ESPN....it is because people like watching other thingsw better. If you think about it, to the average person, pro paintball looks like guys just sitting there throwing ropes at the other team, with the occasional dive or cool move.

As paintballers, we can appreciate the subtleties that make paintball so cool. The average Joe cannot. NBA is on ESPN because average peopel think its cool, Its fun to watch, for people that dont even play basketball. Paintball is not the same way.

Even poker(which i cant stand watching), is more fun for fat people to watch on ESPN, probably because they too play poker and somehow enjoy watching others play.

So...paintball is not on ESPN because its not sport enough...its not on ESPN because the ratings would not be high enough.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
That's what X-Ball was designed for. Believe me, with X-Ball, we'll be seeing a lot more paintball on TV.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
even xball can be boring to watch for non paintball fans. My bro cant understand why i have so many paintball vids on my comp, i show them to him and he just walks away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts