Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
redneck with a blowtorch!
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my etek in. Out of the box impression.
the box itself, its a luch box style aluminum case! pretty sweet actually.

I aired it up, and started ripping, first thing I noticed was quite a bit of blow back coming out of the feedneck. (havn't looked into how to tune it out yet.)
also the trigger is a bit stiff for my taste. (snap switch feels a bit firm)
**edit** I took the spring out and its very nice now. may need a magnet repel mod or a lighter spring. The switch seams to do ok, and is very light now.

on the posative, its very light. (no barrel, loader or tank) weighs in at 2lb 1oz.
about the same a stock ion.
Fit and finish seems to be nice.
the sound report has a sharp pop similar to a d2. (not a fan of that at all.) but some of that could be from the blow back.

Overall I give it a 8 out of 10 for the price point. (reminds me alot of a d2 or promaster though)
I will update as I progress with it. (been a little busy lately) planning to make a trip to the field sunday though.

I also had some black out screws just laying around... (cocker parts still fit ;) )

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
soudns good, wish i had the money to get one :)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Hm, nice overview. I've been wondering a little bit about etecks. Doesn't sound too impressive when I got my promaster for $380 and had 0 blowback or loud report

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
E teks are alright but cost too much for their performance. 06 borgs are 830 now. Eclipse needs to lower their prices, by at least 100.

·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RB said:
Your back into gunwhoring eh?
never left... but shhhh don't tell anyone. (its a secret!)
I just had a really busy year last year. only got to play about 10 times.
..trying to count all the markers I have right now... karni, halfblock, etek, 2 ion's, DMC, PM5... I think thats it. (OH a dragun T1 and MOP's old mech cocker! w00t!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
im getting an etek they rip way nicer with paint in them and when i shot one it didnt have much blow back try putting the HE bolt in it

·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got back from the field. I took the trigger spring out of the frame, tuned the LPR to 1/2 turn past flush and left the rest stock.

This marker flat out rips! I loved it so much I lent out my DMC all day and havn't even played a game w/ it yet.

Very light, very fast and well ballanced.

:tup :tup from this guy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Preety awesome gun man. Only thing I don't like is the stock grip.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sorry for the off thread comment but does that silencer actually work good.

I was thinking about saving up for one of these but i decided that a proto rail with do good for now.

·
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the muffler works great! I just took an old stock cocker barrel and ported it (huge ports to allow for massive air flow), capped it and stuffed w/ cotton balls.

I was thinking about making a new one out of a freak tip. that way I could use it on multiple markers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Jaggy how does the gun sound when you're shooting paint through it? Most guns are much louder without paint. Then again, all Ego's are fairly loud to begin with. No?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
it isnt as loud as an 05 ego and about the same as an 06, if shot 2-3 of them and liked every one of them.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
not a problem

1 - 20 of 24 Posts