Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding to buy either an ETEK 3 AM or a Proto Reflex...
I def need help deciding.. please post your opinions!
pros/cons etc.. just anything you have to say about either marker, please do!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ETEK3 AM or LT

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Etek3 AM best of all those mentioned. Also most expensive though...

I actually really like the Etek3. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot the PRR to see if there's any difference from the existing PMR to really say for sure, but in theory, assuming it does shoot the same as the existing PMR, I'd take the Etek3 LT over that also.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree with tlmiller though I love my dad's PMR. Don't know about the PRRs yet. Oh and sorry tlmiller, my dad went with the PMR and so far we like it. Actually saw a Quest a couple of days ago and man was it BEAUTIFUL!

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
ya as much as i like to promote the PMR id still take a etek 3 over it. PMR is a unbalanced spool, etek 3 is a LPRed full poppet, high end in my opinion while the PMR or PRR is a mid level. fantastic mid level but mid level all the same

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
I agree with tlmiller though I love my dad's PMR. Don't know about the PRRs yet. Oh and sorry tlmiller, my dad went with the PMR and so far we like it. Actually saw a Quest a couple of days ago and man was it BEAUTIFUL!
Only reason I'd take the ETek3 is because of the efficiency. Or lack thereof of the PMR. I had a PMR, and loved it (UL frame, nice on/off, Critical trigger, it was AWESOME, got a great deal for it too, and had it for a year and still sold it for more than I paid for it (that's how great a deal I got)). Etek3 is really efficient, and shoots EXTREMELY well for a stacked poppet.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Only reason I'd take the ETek3 is because of the efficiency. Or lack thereof of the PMR. I had a PMR, and loved it (UL frame, nice on/off, Critical trigger, it was AWESOME, got a great deal for it too, and had it for a year and still sold it for more than I paid for it (that's how great a deal I got)). Etek3 is really efficient, and shoots EXTREMELY well for a stacked poppet.
Ya, ETEK 3s are great, I'm just more into spools.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
That Dude!
257 Posts
Of the two I would go with the Etek 3. But just to expand your options a bit I would look into the Bob Long Vice (550$ New on ebay) or Fep Quest (400$ New Critical Paintball).

·
That Dude!
257 Posts
I just tried to sell mine so I can get some coils but I got a bonus at the job very relieved that I didn't have to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts