Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright -

About a month ago, I was out playing in the rain. Had a great time, but due to crappy winter paint and water mixing and causing blender syndrome, I was having marker issues- specifically with the eyes of the marker.

I took it home, cleaned it out, cleaned out the eye-holes..etc.
Put the marker back together - flashy blue light...fixed, right?

So, I go out the following weekend, go to the chrono - flashy blue light. Pull the trigger the first time, (assume) purple fast flashing E, with an intermittently lit yellow G.

I have replaced the stock battery with a Duracell.

I'm tempted to just replace the eyes, but since the marker is not showing problems when its turned on - I'd like to think its not the eyes.

Thoughts?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went as far as to use a wire tie to scrape the crap out of the eye-holes, and a microfiber on the eyes.

Suppose I could use something slightly more abrasive - rubbing alcohol? or is that going to damage them as well?

The thing that makes me uneasy about it - it registers 100% working up until I pull the trigger the first time and the ball goes flying.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
eyes are programed to ignore the first shot. if you turn the marker on with paint already in the breach the board ignores that info.

so what i think is happening is your eyes are either malfunctioning or still dirty, when you turn the marker on it just assumes that is a ball in the breach and only after you fire the first shot and the eyes do not see eachother does the marker realize that something is wrong, so then it is giving your the malfunction code.

id try cleaning them again, if that doesnt work, time for new eyes

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoping that cleaning is going to make this all go away...

Sucks that I bought the marker in October, and the eyes haven't lasted 90 days. I'll check tonight and keep you updated.

Also - if I manually move the bolt back and forth without the gun gassed up and pulling the trigger, it should simulate the shot, right? Would this be a way to test functionality? Or do I actually have to blow paint through the marker to check?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
****. primmy's colourblind too.... must be sucky trying to tech it on your own
Usually have a buddy with me on the field. Worst case - I run up to someone else and ask 2 questions -

Are you colorblind?
What color is this flashing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts