Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick and tired of hearing how the lounge used to be, that it sucks now, that we should let more hi-jinx go on in here yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah....

The only threads I have closed in here in weeks:

1) I clogged my toilet with a huge turd --- gimme a break this type of thread does not need to be here at all, ever...

2) Left or right hand to jerk off -- I am not even going to comment on that.

3) Ziddy's - the lounge suck post. He is banned, will stay bannend. Period. His opininon means nothing to me.

Now as for all these "new rules" -- all we have asked is that you remove the scanitly clad women. This was done to accomodate those users that look at the forum at work or school. We have asked you to curb the flaming... that is all.

I am sorry that you all think that this is too much of an imposition on your individual freedom, and frankly it is the same 5 people that are carping over this. I am tired of it, the staff are tired of it, and frankly we no longer care.

In case you care to look around, there are a ton of funny, informative, controversial, and even stupid threads in the lounge right now. I have only closed the most offensive.

So lighten up and get the hell off my back....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
dean is the man, was the man, and always will be the man. I mean, he's got a Karta body on his mag right?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
the nation was down for a bit (or was for me) and ppl came here looking for fun. And found very little. so out of bordom posted how they hate the lounge.

I agree, it's on the downside, but's its had a few nice ups recently. And the mods have not been to heavy handed on censorship. Remember smitty's late night thread? the one that spawned headly's awesome quote and brief avatar? there's some good stuff, and everyonce inawhile a great thread. Don't expect a great thread every week.

u guys need to make ur own fun on here. Hell, who cares if it's one big shens, as long as we get a kick out of it.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm poking fun at the whole situation. I think its stupid you guys are complaining.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
No.

The lounge does suck right now. It's not how it was when I joined.

People have a right to complain. It's written in the First Amendment. Wanna tell me that doesn't apply online? The servers that host this forum are on American soil, every right applies.

Your complaining about us complaining helps nothing. Absolutely nothing. Let the threads happen, then you won't be "sick and tired" of the *****ing. Hell, if you're sick and tired of it, no one is MAKING you delete the threads. Or lock them. Or even be a mod. If you're so tired of "doing your duty" then quit.

Nextly, about the scantily clad women...if you look at the forum at work or at school, you deserve to get in trouble. Do your damn work, stay away from an online forum for 8 hours of your day people. If you're that addicted you need some help. I'm sorry, but it's true. I think that's a stupid rule, but I'm not a staff member so I guess my opinion on that topic doesn't matter.

I'm surprised that we keep on having members stay. I mean new members. When yuo come onto a forum and see it ruled with an iron fist, you don't want to stay. I remember when I came they were more "lax" about the rules...sure, they enforced them, but only when they got OUT OF HAND. Nothing here has gotten out of hand, at least not in my opinion. So what if someone wants to make a thread about clogging the toilet - let them. We're ****ing teenagers, we don't want to talk about serious ****, we want to dick around. We come to the internet to get AWAY from rules and real life...not to ahve them shoved in our faces again. Let the stupid threads stay.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
No.

The lounge does suck right now. It's not how it was when I joined.

People have a right to complain. It's written in the First Amendment. Wanna tell me that doesn't apply online? The servers that host this forum are on American soil, every right applies.

Your complaining about us complaining helps nothing. Absolutely nothing. Let the threads happen, then you won't be "sick and tired" of the *****ing. Hell, if you're sick and tired of it, no one is MAKING you delete the threads. Or lock them. Or even be a mod. If you're so tired of "doing your duty" then quit.

Nextly, about the scantily clad women...if you look at the forum at work or at school, you deserve to get in trouble. Do your damn work, stay away from an online forum for 8 hours of your day people. If you're that addicted you need some help. I'm sorry, but it's true. I think that's a stupid rule, but I'm not a staff member so I guess my opinion on that topic doesn't matter.

I'm surprised that we keep on having members stay. I mean new members. When yuo come onto a forum and see it ruled with an iron fist, you don't want to stay. I remember when I came they were more "lax" about the rules...sure, they enforced them, but only when they got OUT OF HAND. Nothing here has gotten out of hand, at least not in my opinion. So what if someone wants to make a thread about clogging the toilet - let them. We're ****ing teenagers, we don't want to talk about serious ****, we want to dick around. We come to the internet to get AWAY from rules and real life...not to ahve them shoved in our faces again. Let the stupid threads stay.

this man speaks the truf

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
So basically you're saying that the owners of this forum who pay for it are paying for you and several others to complain about the good old days and people who arent coming back everytime anything from the past is mentioned? And that they do not have the right to enforce the rules for the forum they pay for, get help enforcing the rules, or censor you at all because even though they pay for it, the rules are up to YOU because you have the first amendment.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
themailleman said:
So basically you're saying that the owners of this forum who pay for it are paying for you and several others to complain about the good old days and people who arent coming back everytime anything from the past is mentioned? And that they do not have the right to enforce the rules for the forum they pay for, get help enforcing the rules, or censor you at all because even though they pay for it, the rules are up to YOU because you have the first amendment.
Xpaintball pays for this forum, and I don't think anyone from xpaintball comes here or is in a position of power. So, your argument of "he who pays for the server can enforce the rules" doesn't work out so hot.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
It doesn't apply, this is a privately owned and operated server so they can limit what you can say if they want... THis isn't the senate floor ya know...

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
It doesn't apply, this is a privately owned and operated server so they can limit what you can say if they want... THis isn't the senate floor ya know...
had this argument with the government teacher. he finally said it was possible that you could argue that point (my point.)

D

·
0 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
had this argument with the government teacher. he finally said it was possible that you could argue that point (my point.)
nope

1 - 20 of 93 Posts