Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone into this kind of music? I'm getting more and more into it. So much to the point that listening to music with lyrics isn't near as good as it used to be.

I'm mostly into instrumental ambient. Stuff like Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed you Black Emperor.

There's this awesome local band putting out some cool stuff too. http://www.soldeputter.4t.com/

Give it a try. It's different, but really cool to listen too. Some of Godspeeds stuff can really have an effect on you.

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
^^^ don't listen to him, but you should listen to ensiferum, anyways

godspeed is amazing and i love them, also, sigur ros is cool check them out, maybe mogwai too

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobide said:
i really don't like ambient, usually it's just to boring.
gah!

depends on what you get. if you just get like chill out mediate ambient, then yeah it's gonna seem boring if you arent using it for a purpose.

But some ambient and experimental is crazy and just sucks you in and takes you for a ride like.

like Godspeeds songs are like 15-20 mins long and over the course of 6-7 mins it'll slowly build up and take you with it.. and then when it finally peeks and breaks out, it's a crazy feeling. If you let go and feel it.. you get some pumped up and sometimes exhausted from listening to it

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
moya, or the first song from FA infinity when the guy goes, "and it sounded like this" and then the lone cello comes in, that is sooooo awesome, and then it just builds into this amazing song from there, the whole album is just incredible

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill check those out.

my teacher made me turn off my music in class today.. i had it on the computer playing for the class.. no one was complaining at all and she says ive gotta turn it off cuz not everyone wants to hear my music.. im pretty sure shes a closed minded music bigot.

and i had some other experiemental stuff on in gym class.. and this other ***** teacher told a girl in her class to turn it off and put something else in.. the girl put in horrible mtv rap and the teacher let her keep that on and *****ed me out for going to switch it.. music died a little that day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts