Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey why not? I posted this on the nation the other day so I figured maybe someone here would think it was cool.

Sooo me and a friend were bored and got the idea to explore this abandoned factory that nobody really knows about and hasn't been used in years.

Keep in mind, most of the pictures that I took were in really crappy lighting conditions. Some of these rooms were completely dark, and I just used the flash to illuminate the room.

I have to admit some of the rooms were pretty creepy because I had no idea what was in there and they were pitch black.

I live like right outside of the town and nobody really knows about this factory because everything is completely grown up around it for the most part.

We decided to go in behind the factory but had to wait on the train to pass.

The place is surrounded by barbed wire but we found a small hole to get under the fence and onto the property, as soon as we got over there I started snapping pictures of the outside.

This is just a shot right after we crawled under the fence someone had cut.

The name of the building, I ran out there to take the picture because from that side of the building you can see it from the road so I didn\'t want to be seen.

I actually took this one when we were leaving I believe, it looks like the sun was going down.

No idea what this is, looks like a silo or something, it had a ladder that went to the top of it.

These were all over.

In the biggest part of the building there were these deep holes in the ground filled with water? We really weren\'t sure what they were filled with because they were bright green..Also didn\'t have a clue what they were there for.

This hole just looked damn deep, I kind of wondered why there was a ladder going down into it though.

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This room was completely black so I just stuck my camera in and took a few pictures.

Both of these rooms were absolutely pitch black. I wasn\'t going to just go feeling my way around so I snapped a few pics and left. I have to admit though, in some of the rooms that were pitch black, they had a few holes in the ceiling where the light came through and made these bright beams of light coming in.

Some big ass motor or engine or something?

Some type of book, I didn\'t really look through it, just opened the first couple pages. I should have took it, now that i think about it.

Surprisingly there weren\'t many tags inside, only 1 or 2.

Cool, a shoe.

Some type of scale?

I thought this paint peeling looked cool.

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where all the business went down?

In some places there were little packing peanuts laying all over. Also a lot of insulation but I didn\'t get any pictures of it. I\'m guessing there was asbestos in the insulation though.

And a shot as we were leaving.

D

·
0 Posts
this thread makes me sad and excited. Sad because I miss urban exploration. excited because it brings back fun memories.

I stopped doing it though when the I knocked down the passage to the attic of a house and got a face full of insulation (presumably asbestos ridden)

Did you wear a mask when in there? If not, you should from now on. Even a bandanna helps.

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i was leaving I saw a surgical mask laying on the floor..

I'm not sure if we'll go back or not..If I do I'll definitely wear something to cover my face considering there was some rooms with lots of insulation laying everywhere, glass all over..Definitely wasn't sanitary haha.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Looks awesome. I wish I had a place like that to go explore into. But I dont think there is any like that around here.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Ft wayne hu?
There was a steel mill in Kokomo for the longest time, but I was too young nd it was too dnagerous to explore; they tore it down no and they're turing the land into a park.

Know of any places in the area that would be fun to explore? I know of a small college campus that was sort of a cult and got shut down somewhere near Michigan that i'd love to explore sometime.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Ft wayne hu?
There was a steel mill in Kokomo for the longest time, but I was too young nd it was too dnagerous to explore; they tore it down no and they're turing the land into a park.

Know of any places in the area that would be fun to explore? I know of a small college campus that was sort of a cult and got shut down somewhere near Michigan that i'd love to explore sometime.
I'd tell ya to come down to attica and check out mudlavia, but the owners are wayy to strict on people stopping by there

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I'm gunna hit up a local place soon. It is really big, consists of about 5-6 buildings, all of which are boarded up. That makes this 8 times more illegal, but I've always wanted to check it out. It's like a small village.

·
Registered
904 Posts
HEY! A MOTOR??????, You wouldn't happen to know the hp/weight of that motor would you? Me and a buddy are trying to find a free/extremelycheap working electric motor. WE're thinking along the lines of like an old air compressor motor.

Basically, a powerwheels on steroids is on the menu, but an electric brush motor is one of the things we need. *
good find tho.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts