Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know it's not my appendix, that's on my right side. Other than that, it's the only good thing I can think of right now.

I've had this happen twice before. once about a year ago and once over the summer. The first time I was crying it hurts so badly, the second time it was relatively short. I don't even know how to begin to describe it. whatever muscle is in the area is VERY tense, but stretching it doesn't help, it seems to make the pain worse almost. I feel like I gotta take a crap, but i really don't have to. the pain is nearly unbearable.

I did drink 2 cans coke yesterday, maybe this is a product of whatever my stomach problem is/was? I'm still taking pill to help with my stomach acid. Now I'm kicking myself hard for doing that.

I'm just trying to vent here, sorry you guys have to hear it. I just wanna go back to sleep:(
edit: pain is here..

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going on 2.5 hours of this. if it's not cleare dup by anotehr hour i'm calling a docrot. I dunno who i'm gonan set up insurance, but i'm callinga doctor and then my parent s to get insurance info

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it's gone!! hurray!! I'm still curious as to what could cause this. Some places on the internet say it can be ulcer related(I'm fairly certain I either had/have and ulcer or acid reflex.) Other places say it's a problem with my colon and digestive system.

problem is that I took 2 motrin to help deal with the pain. My doctor told me not to take them because of my stomach problem, but if i didn't take them I think I would have either died or thrown up; the pain was making me nauseated. I'll probally have to deal with teh consequences of that later today...and I'm definately not going into work seeing how I've gotten 1 hour of sleep and I worked too hard to deal with the pain to sleep now.

I fell asleep on my couch with green beans for an ice pack(it seemed to help, mentally if not physically) and woke up with my pants and shirt all wet and semi-cold green beans on top. lol

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Lets hope its not a kidney stone, or you're in a store for a lot of pain. Maybe you're constipated, when was the last time you took a gigantic relieving dump?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets hope its not a kidney stone, or you're in a store for a lot of pain. Maybe you're constipated, when was the last time you took a gigantic relieving dump?
last night.
I gots a doctor appointment Friday morning. I've been through this twice in about a years time. I do not want ot go through it again.

i was thinking kidney stone too, so I've been gulping water down all day long. I have to pee more than a woman because of it!

what I find truly amazing is that I had 3 hours of sleep max last night, half of that being in pain so it was not a deep sleep. However, I'm feeling good still and it's 3 pm. i get the feeling I'm gonna crash HARD soon though. but i gotta get eating first. I've only had cheese and crackers so far. today

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah I think I have acid reflux as well, it sucks so bad. For some reason I have never bought tums or rolaids or anything, mostly because it comes and goes. One week I wont have it once, and then the next week its twice a day. It's a terrible pain. Glad to hear you're not in agony anymore, hope things go well at the doctor.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Have you tried seeing a doctor about this yet?

It's obvious you're having some sort of stomach problems, it's not just a one time thing, they're re-occurring.

Go ahead and get your insurance info from your parents, pain like this shouldn't be something that you just tolerate and hope to go away.

Praying for you bro.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you tried seeing a doctor about this yet?

It's obvious you're having some sort of stomach problems, it's not just a one time thing, they're re-occurring.

Go ahead and get your insurance info from your parents, pain like this shouldn't be something that you just tolerate and hope to go away.

Praying for you bro.
i called mommy and I'm going in Friday morning. Honestly I'm not all that concerned. this has only happened twice in two totally separate and unrelated incidents. I am, however, wondering if this is linked to the problems I have had all semester.(those have gotten much better once they gave me the stomach acid pills)

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I just had a weird pain in the right side of my chest.

It felt like something was pushing in on it.. like my right lung was just like empty or something, and the right side of my face hurt too.. like my jaw.

It sucked.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Go see the doctor. Appendix pain can actually be on either side believe it or not. I almost died because of that so now I don't mess around with reoccurring stomach pain.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Go see the doctor. Appendix pain can actually be on either side believe it or not. I almost died because of that so now I don't mess around with reoccurring stomach pain.
Traditionally Appendix pain starts around the belly button and then migrates towards the right lower quadrant. Generally it accompanies fever, nausea, and sometimes restlessness. If you stand on your tip toes and then step down forcefully back onto your heels and you feel shooting pains into the abdomen, that is an indicator of a possible appendix problem. That and rebound tenderness when you push on the area and let go rapidly and the pain increases after release.

I hate belly pain -- so many things to differentiate in your exam. This could be any number of conditions ranging from spastic colitis to referred pain from something else.

Was it a cramping pain, stabbing pain, tearing pain, throbbing pain? I mean how would you classify it? Did the pain stay in one spot or move? Did the pain radiate to a different area? Could you relieve the pain by sitting, standing, walking, stretching etc? Anything else going on? Fever, nausea, chills, cough etc? Done any heavy lifting lately?

Best bet is to get to a doc and see what they can figure out, and have them check for hernia. If you had a slightly strangulated hernia, they hurt like hell and then suddenly resolve when the hernia is reduced. If that is the case, you need to get that repaired before you end up in real trouble where the hernia won't reduce and you end up with a large strangulation that could lead to a necrotic bowel.

Go see a doc.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
possible hernia, definately get that **** checked out. a hernia is basically when your intestine pops through the protective netting that holds your organs together. its gross, and painful and if you dont get it taken care of soon, it can get BAD. definately see a doctor. i had the same exact problem and my doctor told me im on thin ice for a hernia

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Traditionally Appendix pain starts around the belly button and then migrates towards the right lower quadrant. Generally it accompanies fever, nausea, and sometimes restlessness. If you stand on your tip toes and then step down forcefully back onto your heels and you feel shooting pains into the abdomen, that is an indicator of a possible appendix problem. That and rebound tenderness when you push on the area and let go rapidly and the pain increases after release.

I hate belly pain -- so many things to differentiate in your exam. This could be any number of conditions ranging from spastic colitis to referred pain from something else.

Was it a cramping pain, stabbing pain, tearing pain, throbbing pain? I mean how would you classify it? Did the pain stay in one spot or move? Did the pain radiate to a different area? Could you relieve the pain by sitting, standing, walking, stretching etc? Anything else going on? Fever, nausea, chills, cough etc? Done any heavy lifting lately?

Best bet is to get to a doc and see what they can figure out, and have them check for hernia. If you had a slightly strangulated hernia, they hurt like hell and then suddenly resolve when the hernia is reduced. If that is the case, you need to get that repaired before you end up in real trouble where the hernia won't reduce and you end up with a large strangulation that could lead to a necrotic bowel.

Go see a doc.
I'm going to a doc tomorrow at 9:30 am.
but if you wanna see if you can beat what he tells me...

it was a very sharp, steady pain that stayed in the spot on the picture. If i moved my left leg, or put any weight on it at all, it became instantly worse and I would become nauseated(either by the pain or by putting pressure on it, I'm not sure) Laying flat did not help, laying on my side did not help. Walking and sitting were the two worst things I could do. I tried stretching, but that involved standing and it didn't seem to help from what I could tell. The only way i was able to endure the pain was by placing an ice pack on the painful area and lay on my back with my left leg held up by pillows. One thing I did notice was that all the muscles in the area of the pain were very tense compared to what they normally are.

the only lifting i've done is moving packs of 50 Pizza boxes and boxes of #10 cans full of pizza sauce. That was about a week before this.

The pain did radiate 3-4 inches around the main area, but it never moved. It actually made my testicles sore for a little while when the pain reached it's peak. (oh yeah, the pain started out manageable, then moved to unbearable for about 30-45 min, then it went back down to semi-manageable and then I guess i fell asleep for about 30 min and woke up with it gone. My pain tolerance is out the window compared to some people, so unbearable to me is just absolutely ridiculously painful)

I didn't have any gas and burping didn't help.

I don't think I had a fever. It was hard to tell because I was chilled from the ice pack being on for about 1 1/2 hours. Last night before I went to bed I definitely had a fever, nothing dramatic though. I have a feeling hat was my body shutting down because I'd gotten 3-4 hours of sleep in 36 hours.(I couldn't go to sleep after the pain went away. I guess I worked so hard trying to defeat the pain that I was wide awake after it was gone. I started fading around 6 pm though an called it a night around 9)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts