Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to paintball and I just got a Extreme Rage mask that has "the best combination of anti-fog and scratch resistant characteristics" says on the back of the packaging. The problem is that it fogged up horribly and is all scratched up after its first use. One guy mentioned something about a spray you gotta buy to keep it from fogging but I was told it had thermal lenses to keep it from fogging anyways. I cant count how many times I had to take it off and wipe the inside, at one point I almost got shot because I wasnt sure if there was a tree stump or someone with a gun behind a tree until (I know this was stupid) I lifted to mask up and saw a bright shiny silver barrel pointing at me, but managed to throw myself around the corner before I got peppered. The mask cost $40 canadian, its actually very comfortable and covers a good part of my head, but Im pretty disappointed how much it fogged and got scratched. I was thinking of just buying some replacement lens and fitting them into the mask. Anyone have advice or feedback?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The Extreme Rage mask is probably not your best choice for any experience player. From what I have noticed is that the spray has actually made fogging worse. My suggstions would be to by some sort of JT Mask, maybe a JT Nvader, and put a thermal lense on it. Should take care of that problem.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
if you like how the mask fits buy some new lenses for it at action village. Make sure you get the anti-fog ones, and they'll only drop you abour $23 shipped. (xpaintball doens't carry extreme rage/pmi lenses..I already checked)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Wel I also have 3 different lenses I can sell you. I have clear, overcast and smoke. There great and in good condition and never fog. They are extreme rage brand just like the ones for your mask.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you really like the mask that much, buy a new lense. But when I got my extreme rage x-ray, I hated the way it felt, and I thought it looked fugly. So, I put it on my shelf, and bought a new mask. It is still sitting there now, collecting dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts