Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil giant Exxon Mobil said Thursday it earned $10.36 billion in the second quarter. The figure is the second largest quarterly profit ever recorded by a publicly traded U.S. company. In January, Exxon posted the highest quarterly profits of any public company in history: $10.71 billion.

......and we wonder why gas prices are so high. :hug:

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
If companies are making profits THAT high... then you know they are over charging us for gas and have been. I bet you they figure if they will pay $3.00 a gallon, then will pay $3.05. that $.05 REALLY adds up w/ the amount of fuel they sell.

there should be laws against **** like that.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
my truck has an 18.5 gallon tank and gets a decent 17 MPG... i'm fine w/ it seeing i drive a decent sized vehcial. but gas prices are getting exspensive. When i first bought the truck. it cost $40 to fill it from empty. now it costs like $50-$55.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
bunkertime said:
If companies are making profits THAT high... then you know they are over charging us for gas and have been. I bet you they figure if they will pay $3.00 a gallon, then will pay $3.05. that $.05 REALLY adds up w/ the amount of fuel they sell.

there should be laws against **** like that.
there are laws against it. but since OPEC isn't in the US and therefore not governed by US law, there isn't a damned thing we can do about it. The people really profiting from it are those 16 year olds in Dubai driving a different Ferrari every day of the week :mad:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Believe me, the fact Bush is in office makes it so much worse. Im pretty sure Dick Chaney has a couple oil companys, in fact i think the majority of bush's administration and buddies are in the oil business, the name company name Halliburton comes to mind.

But hey thats just my opinion, but you know what is a hardcore fact? when i bought my chevelle and Bill Clinton was in office, gas was 87 cents a gallon for regular.

I heard a bunch of talk about the american people banning the purchasing of gas at exxon, which wouldnt work because im sure exxon sells gas to most of the smaller stations.

Only way to solve it, elect democrats, seems to me that republicans are in the oil business, and do politics as a side job

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Skate and Paint said:
i filled up 3/4 of a tank and it cost me 30 ****ing dollars today, and i even went to the cheapest gas station in town..............2.95!!!!!!

by the time bush is done in office its gonna be at LEAST 4 bucks a gallon. **** the system dude, i want a god damn moped.

haha you're complaining about 30$ getting you 3/4 of a tank... 30 bucks'll get me MAYBE a half of a tank... with prices how they are now ($3.25) i expect a fill for my jeep to cost me around 60$....

when i got the thing a year and a half ago it cost $35 to fill full to the top...

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
What's up with higher octane prices jumping up by 15 cents now? It used to be 10. It dosen't effect me, but my friends who use premium are getting pissed off.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
1337 said:
What's up with higher octane prices jumping up by 15 cents now? It used to be 10. It dosen't effect me, but my friends who use premium are getting pissed off.
I don't use premium....

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
HuNtS said:
i know... i read that part... i was commenting on your friends... relay the message... lol
Ah.. lol. Well why would they put in premium if they didn't need to?

Boost needs octane. Also VTEC engines need premium... atleast thats what Honda says. I'd imagine regular would be fine, but I guess the higher octane helps that VTAKKKK kick in.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I love how everyone attacks exxon because they make huge profits. Why not attack someone that's trying to sell their house when the value of their house goes up? Shelter is necessary to all life, and shouldn't they keep prices low and at a fair value?

Also realize that gas taxes are huge. The government that complains about these companies also taxes them and makes huge profit for every dollar of gas.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
Believe me, the fact Bush is in office makes it so much worse. Im pretty sure Dick Chaney has a couple oil companys, in fact i think the majority of bush's administration and buddies are in the oil business, the name company name Halliburton comes to mind.

But hey thats just my opinion, but you know what is a hardcore fact? when i bought my chevelle and Bill Clinton was in office, gas was 87 cents a gallon for regular.

I heard a bunch of talk about the american people banning the purchasing of gas at exxon, which wouldnt work because im sure exxon sells gas to most of the smaller stations.

Only way to solve it, elect democrats, seems to me that republicans are in the oil business, and do politics as a side job
Are you kidding?
You haven't taken into account two important factors that drove oil prices through the roof. The first is inflation, and the second is terrorism, neither of which Bush could have prevented because they started before he came into office.

Clinton left at a convenient time, right before 9/11. Whether we had a dem or rep in office is irrelevant. Oil prices would have gone up. And whether we invaded iraq or not, they still would have been significantly higher than in the mid 90's. Had clinton actually gone after osama when osama attacked us 4 times during clinton's terms, then 9/11 might not have happened, and we would not have gone to either of our current wars, and our oil prices would not be nearly as high as they are currently.

Oh and let's not forget how Clinton failed to find alternate sources of oil. When republicans pushed for drilling in ANWR, he refused. Let's also not forget that Clinton and the democrats bend over to middle eastern terrorists more than anyone else in the world. Everybody's favorite Al Gore went to Saudi Arabia for the sole reason of telling them that America sucks. If you read his speech, a lot of the stuff he said he wouldn't even think of saying in his other speeches in the US because he knows Americans would never listen to him again.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
NYY said:
Are you kidding?
You haven't taken into account two important factors that drove oil prices through the roof. The first is inflation, and the second is terrorism, neither of which Bush could have prevented because they started before he came into office.

Clinton left at a convenient time, right before 9/11. Whether we had a dem or rep in office is irrelevant. Oil prices would have gone up. And whether we invaded iraq or not, they still would have been significantly higher than in the mid 90's. Had clinton actually gone after osama when osama attacked us 4 times during clinton's terms, then 9/11 might not have happened, and we would not have gone to either of our current wars, and our oil prices would not be nearly as high as they are currently.

Oh and let's not forget how Clinton failed to find alternate sources of oil. When republicans pushed for drilling in ANWR, he refused. Let's also not forget that Clinton and the democrats bend over to middle eastern terrorists more than anyone else in the world. Everybody's favorite Al Gore went to Saudi Arabia for the sole reason of telling them that America sucks. If you read his speech, a lot of the stuff he said he wouldn't even think of saying in his other speeches in the US because he knows Americans would never listen to him again.

Interestingly enough, most people supported Clintons posistion. Hm. I wonder why. Oh yeah! It's a national park. Would you destroy Yosemmety(sp)? Mt. Rushmore? No. How is it any different? At least Clinton was concerned about something other than war mongering in the middle east.

And yes, it does help that Bush is president. His family is heavily invested in the oil industry. The more money they make, the more money he makes. Second, it's smart buisness. Terrorist attacks are perfect cover for raising the prices to outrageous levels. When you're that powerful, you don't need ethics.

And, what has bush done about osama anyway? We still haven't captured him, so what's the difference besides the fact that our friends and family members are dying every day. Did taking out the second in command do anything? Besides increase troop morale? No. So what will killing Osama do? Probably nothing. Even if we did, he has such an outrageous family line that im sure someone would take his place moments after his death. Lastly, I can bet you alot of money that we've been attacked alot more than four times, and the government isn't telling us. regardless of who was (or is) president.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts