Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw a commercial about the new F-150, they say it has 3 valves so it can breathe better and get more HP...so what, it has 1 intake and 2 exhaust? or what?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
you can get more air in easier with more, smaller valves than you can with less, bigger valves. most modern cars have multiple valves per cylinder

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
yes, the 5.4 triton v8 has 3 valves per cylinder, two slightly smaller intakes and one larger exhaust. I hear it helps with mileage, which is nice when you got a big ass v8. My Dads gets around 17-18 mpg with his 2005 f-150 5.4. The 5.4 lightning has 4 valves per cylinder and the intakes are both smaller than the exhaust

·
Registered
778 Posts
crustybug said:
yes, the 5.4 triton v8 has 3 valves per cylinder, two slightly smaller intakes and one larger exhaust. I hear it helps with mileage, which is nice when you got a big ass v8. My Dads gets around 17-18 mpg with his 2005 f-150 5.4. The 5.4 lightning has 4 valves per cylinder and the intakes are both smaller than the exhaust
All production Lightnings have been 2V.

Hopefully Ford will follow threw with the prototype Lightning down the road, then it will have 4V.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
CoWcH said:
wow....thats a differece. Ford supercar vs Ford truck
the GT has the same engine as the lightning...

·
see you at the 50
446 Posts
he's probably confusing the cobra 4v motors with the gt/lightning. 4.6L comes in 2,3, and 4V, and ford did put a 5.4L 4V in one of the cobras i think.
and you guys get the :( face for making me think about fords.

·
Registered
778 Posts
auto maggot said:
he's probably confusing the cobra 4v motors with the gt/lightning. 4.6L comes in 2,3, and 4V, and ford did put a 5.4L 4V in one of the cobras i think.
and you guys get the :( face for making me think about fords.
Ford put a 4V 5.4L in the 2000 Cobra R and now a blown one in the up and coming 07 GT500 which will have the truck block.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Yea, the new GT500 has the 5.4L Cast Iron Triton block with forged connecting rods (from the Ford GT) and forged pistons. The throttle body is from Fords 6.8L engine, the intake manifold is a new design, and the heads are from the Ford GT. Most of the parts for the new GT500 engine are already out there, I'm suprised no one has built one yet.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
david_4x4 said:
All production Lightnings have been 2V.

Hopefully Ford will follow threw with the prototype Lightning down the road, then it will have 4V.
They stopped production of the lightning and are going to start making a supercharged Sport Trac

1 - 20 of 20 Posts