Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bastards are trying to run me out of my house.I caught a glimpse of something strange in the corner of my room. I got my streamlight and shined it at the corner and HOLY ****ING **** theres 16 freakin red wasps in my corner! I go outside to my truck and get a can of wasp and hornet spray and unleash my wrath on there ***** asses death count 16 :devil: Well I didnt get before pics didnt think about it but i did get a pic of the majority of the the corpses.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wasps...Bats...What are people going to find next; Flying squirrels?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
We had a hornets nest dug under our stairs leading to the patio. First we tried plugging the hole up and that didn't work. Then we tried drowning them with a hose, and somehow that didn't work. Finally we just bought a can similar to yours, and unloaded it into the nest.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I hate wasps. We have tons of yellow jackets around here, and I was out weed-eating at work and I guess I must have stepped on a nest or something, but one of the ****ers stung me in the back of the hand. Turns out I am allergic to them, so my hand ended up swelling to about twice its normal size...

·
Registered
15 Posts
ya we had a wasp nest up in a tree next to are house. so my dad and are neighbors took a quarter stick of dynomite tied it to a poll and lit it and stuck it up by the tree.

needless to say we killed the wasps and we lite are tree on fire :( but we got the fire out and life was back to normal.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
bad_boy's_toy said:
ya we had a wasp nest up in a tree next to are house. so my dad and are neighbors took a quarter stick of dynomite tied it to a poll and lit it and stuck it up by the tree.

needless to say we killed the wasps and we lite are tree on fire :( but we got the fire out and life was back to normal.

pics of said dynomite

2,668 Posts
I have two, maybe three stories.

When I was about 10, I was running around with my cousins in their yard/woods. We ran around the same circle like 20 times, and somehow I ended up disturbing a bee's nest or wasp's nest and got pwned by them. I remember standing there, while they were stinging me, and thinking "If i run through these bushes, it might get most of the off, or I could run through the clearing the faster way." I ended up running through the bushes.

After that I was pretty much horrified by wasps or bees for a while, but it slowly went away. So last summer I'm doin some yardwork and im like "Damn a few yellowjackets, have to be careful." So I'm continuing the job, when 2 of those littles ****ers get me in the leg and hand, I yelp and nurse my wounds inside. I then tell my brother to come out and get ready to spray the nest if he sees any, as I am gonna continue the job(While stupid, it was pretty important work). So I continue on, and once again I get stung two more times, and go back inside, I yell at my brother asking him where he was and why he didn't spray or warn me and he said he couldn't see them. So I finally get him to do the work and we never saw the damn things again.

Finally, my aunt has two giant nests of these killer black ones that make those paper mache looking nests in tree's. So at a party we all notice that it's getting pretty big and they are in and out constantly, and it's a danger to her little child who turned one. Everyone goes over stories and plans of how we should get rid of them. My mom was saying her dad once got a ladder with a bag, and just scooped the nest as a whole in the bag, tied it up, and threw it on a fire. Others were saying throw something at it from a safe distance and run inside(Y'know, the plan everyone has). She ends up calling some exterminator's guys because it was really bad. Turns out their some type of rare wasp that's pretty deadly and really uses a "gangrape" tactic when one of them is provoked. Apparently, while they were getting taken care of, they advised her whole family to not even step in the backyard for a few days, and to try not to stay in the immediate area of their house for too long.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
I can't beleive there aren't any gasoline stories in here..... wow.

in Highlands, there was a wasp nest... this one doesn't involve gas but it does involve aerosol... :) hehe... turns out the can will shoot up to like 25 feet (some really old aerosol brand, oob) so we squirted them to provoke em and toasted em when they came out... would get pics if they didn't disintegrate...

second..... for a while our neighbors had a hornet's nest in their yard, buried in the ground... :) hehe again..... so at dawn we poured a bunch of gas in (their less active at dawn) and tossed an m80 into there... haven't had any hornet problems since... :D

turns out it was our ****ing last m80... and theyre illegal. dammit.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
DaBluedevil said:
My friend Justin hit one of those ****in nests in the trees with a baseball bat when we were kids. Asshole, I got stung like 20 times and he got it bad too.
When we were kids, me and a friend were throwing rocks, trying to see who could hit the beehive from where we were standing. Out of frustration he picked up a huge rock, ran over, and hit the hive right in the middle. Needless to say, we ran like little girls.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
bad_boy's_toy said:
sadly i was to young to realise how funny it was. i was like 8 and didn't know how to work a camerea.
You didn't know how to work a camera at the age of 8? Were you still in kindergarten at the time or what?

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I work on the railroad, and wasps LOVE to build nests inside the rails, angle bars, and especially old ties that hollow out. We go through probably 20 cans a summer.

My dad (who is VP of the railroad) told me how one time they were really bad, so he got an asphalt melter (basically a really hot blow torch) and just torched all the wasps & their nests.

-Jin

·
Registered
349 Posts
mu unlce, when he was really young, had one of those pools that you can set up and take down quickly, so back then you'd just swim in your underwear, so he just took off his pants(yes in plain view of the whole world and got in the pool. so when he got out of the pool, he put his pants back on and started walking and turns out that there were 25 wasps in his pants... they counted the stings.... he ended up going to the hospital(first time he was stung and they didnt no if he was allergic) and they said that if he was allergic that he would have died before they got to the hospital...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts