Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
who knows.. junk science? Real science? I am not educated enough on the subject to form an informed opinion. But magnetic repulsion and this tpye of thing does exist in terms of the devices in monorails and things like that. Who knows.. To me it seems as if the power supply is to small for this kind of thing.

Interesting.

Hmm... check out the disclaimer -- http://frozenhoverboards.buy999.com/special_note.htm I think that answers the question.

·
redneck with a blowtorch!
2,345 Posts
monorails have an alternating charge in the rail and electro magnets on the train that alternate to both propel the train and hold it above the track.
That hover board would work on a half pipe made of all magnets. Gets some supper glue and go nuts! (Just remember the polarity needs to be apposing...)

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
monorails have an alternating charge in the rail and electro magnets on the train that alternate to both propel the train and hold it above the track.
That hover board would work on a half pipe made of all magnets. Gets some supper glue and go nuts! (Just remember the polarity needs to be apposing...)
That would only work on metal ground. The board would have to be really big to create enough magnetic power to counteract its own weight and get it off the ground.

On the monorail the energy is supplied through the rail, and some monorails use different designs. Some have motors that roll along the tracks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looking back, im not sure what I was thinking. I mean, i guess its possible in the future, but not now. I think i just kinda wanted it to be real...idk...i may have been "impared". I dont remember

1 - 20 of 20 Posts