Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tfront4drugs just reminded me to renew the league.

It asked if we wanted to renew as a keeper league and import the rosters from last season. So I thought I would ask here first.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I updated it as a keeper league. Everybody has until September 4th to declare the keepers.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Keepers? He mentioned that he enabled keepers. I can't find anything to indicate the criteria, as in how many, cost for keeping players etc.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
It's not unfair if everyone has an equal opportunity to do so is it? That's why he was asking for feedback on the idea.

It could certainly appear to be unfair if one team had a significantly stronger roster than other teams do but that would simply be as a result of roster management last year. An argument could be made for last year's final rosters not being set with the idea of a keeper league in mind because we hadn't discussed it, in which case keeping the rosters from last year would seem unfair, but everyone would seemingly be at an equal disadvantage in that regard as nobody knew it would become a keeper league this year either.

I will admit that typically in the case of a keeper league the fact that it is a keeper league is decided prior to drafting because it can affect draft strategy as you may elevate your perceived value for a young player compared to an older player in the long-term, but again, we were all playing with the same set of advantages/disadvantages.

I, for one, am in favor of the idea because I think it would be of benefit to me, but I can see why others would oppose it. This would be your opportunity to weigh in.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked and I can disable the keepers if that is what is decided. We can also make a rule that we can only keep up to "X" number of players, and I will just deny the keepers if somebody goes over that number.

Also, I now have the option of enabling defensive players as well. So we can take one defense, or select individual defensive players, or both. I personally like the one team defense though, but I will do whatever.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts