Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, some of us may have some favorite books, and some of us may reply with "what, me read??" . . .. but despite how geeky this may sound, books can be rewarding ;0

post your favorite book, summary, and why it is good to you

i dont read that much, but what i REALLY enjoyed reading was Roots, by Alex Haley

basically what it is about, is it starts in 1750, with the birth of Kunta Kinte in Africa. it tells his life and then he is stolen by slave traders and taken to america. it goes thru 7 generations, and ends up in the mid 1900's with a person in the navy who is the writer, Alex Haley

there are so many reasons and levels WHY i like it, i dont wanna go into detail, mostly because i am lazy :p

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Band of Brothers
Bourne Identity/Supremecy/Ultimatium
D-Day
Every Man a Tiger
With the Old Breed
Enemy at the Gates
Black Hawk Down
Wingman Series
Chopper Ops Series
Anything C.S. Lewis
Anything Mack Maloney
Anything Tom Clancy
Anything J.R.R. Tolkien

·
Captain of Team Impact
639 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
Left Behind series.
its a great series, i really suggest reading it even if you dont believe in christ. im on the 3rd book and its opened my eyes to alot of things.

for those of you who dont kno what its about, God raptures his church and millions of people disappear. Theres a group of people left that are left trying to survive despite having to live through the 7 most terrible years earth has ever seen. Also, they are trying to warn people of the coming of the Antichrist... great books i strongly recommend them

·
Registered
216 Posts
the annotateted legends (its dragonlance)
the dragon lance chornicles
some of all fears
red storm raising
eragon
the hobbit
bear and the dragon
rainbow six (great book)
fly boys
without remorse

I am a huge tom clancy fan. He can some times get into a little to much detial but he is still a great writer

it is the left behind series that good?

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
any Tolkien stuff
most star wars books (i have about 27)
Wheel of Time series
Eragon

currently reading Black Hawk Down and i just bought Generation Kill to read next

its a book written by a journalist that was with a unit of marines in Iraq

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy/ "the increasingly inacurately named hitchhikers trilogy of 5 books"

main character escapes from a doomed earth(earth destroyed to make way for a highway) with his friend who turns out to be an alien...

awesome book/series.

42!

D

·
0 Posts
anything by Chuck Palahnuik (writer of Fight Club). His books are ****ed.

The one I just finished is about a guy that highjacked a plane and is telling his story to the flight recorder and cruising until he runs out of gas.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The Wump World by Bill Peet. it only 41 pages with a ton of pic in it. i read it all the time even tho it a child book.
But really my fav book is House of the Scorpion by nacy Farmer< I highly reccomend this book

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Atlas Shrugged
The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter series
Star Wars Jedi Academy Trilogy (and most SW books)
Anything Shakespeare
The Giver
Tons of others

How is Eragon? I read a bit about it, but haven't actually read it yet. It was written by some teen prodigy, wasn't it?

-Jin

1 - 20 of 59 Posts