Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me I would have to say that when a band is doing checks and whatnot at metal shows, I love that. When the guitars are first plugged in and the amps are first turned on, and you hear that first loud crunch, then first few warm up riffs, and you think in your head "this is gonna be a good show"...it is overwhelming. When I went to see Lamb of God/Fear Factory/Children of Bodom/Throwdown....one of the sound techs for Lamb of God played the opening riff to "Ruin" and then went on for like 20 seconds, and everyone just ****.

Anyways, that's one of the things I enjoy most in music.

D

·
0 Posts
when a band starts playing and had a ****ty sound check and ya get that feedback crunch mixed in with the intro to the song.. then it balences out.. nirvana especially for this, grunge in general.. i love that.

i got the nirvana box set. some of the unreleased stuff is so raw and beautiful.. some people just think it's noise.. but man its amazing.. thats music

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Live jams with tons of intruments. Stuff from DMB with piano, violin, sax mixed with guitar and drum solos just rock my world. Everyone should see them live at least once in their life, if not because they like them, so that you can appreciate them.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I love kickass singers! Led Zeppelins Great- Bon Scott and his replacements.

Butthead agrees. He even wears the shirt. I like singing.

My favs of rock n roll/metal are "Nobodys Fault but Mine" which is also a riff.

In rap/hip-hop/soul temptations, or when dre starts flowing, i feel the vibe.

To me "Nobodys Fault but Mne" by Led Zeppelin is awesome, b/c of the riff/voice combo!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I love anything Hendrix did live...that man was a god

I also agree with vpraidersfan, i love kickass lead singers, yeah, Bon Scott is awsome, I also really like Ozzy. He really puts on a show

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Yeah, Painball and GOOD metal are so alike. For example...

Im playing Greg Hastings, kicking butt ... but i couldnt do it without such motivational music as...

Guns N' Roses- In the Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Paradise City
Ozzy-Over the mountain, Paranoid, and for some reason Crazy Train isnt on their... ;0 :sly:

Metallica-Fight fire, Ride the Lightning, those, and stuff like Harvester of sorrow,

Ac/Dc- Big Gun, Angry again. I'm angry as hell, b/c i lost my back in black cd. Its not Bon Scott, but none of their singers made them better or worse...

Testament-Practice what you preach, Souls of Black cds.

The Ramones- Blitzgreig Bop, I wanna be sedated...

Thats all my step-bro has copyed to the box. Its really motivational to hear ...

I told them i flew on flying stars, I said i'd teach them how... or something like that... i forget, but when the guitar comes... i remember...

my Led Zep cd isn't on the Box, b/c it is burned.

Or else id throw in... Aha-AHA-AHA-AHHHH! AHA -aha-ahauahahahahaha...

Nobodys fault but mine... nobodys fault but mine... or - She was buying herself a stairway-to heeavvenn...(kickass acoustic)

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I love hella heavy, fast riffs, with some stops in it (Prime example; Lamb of God - 11th hour, at 2:32)

also double bass pedals rock

tapping guitar solos

and screamers who know how to scream, none of that little emo kid bull**** pansy squealing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts