• Progressive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Industrial

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Doom/Goth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I dont know what good music is, so I dont listen to Metal.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, what's your favorite type of metal?

I'm gonna have to go with power metal (Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Dream Evil, Helloween, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Dragonforce, etc. I listen to power more than anything else. However, my favorite band (Symphony X) is Progressive metal.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The Power Metal of course.

Dante's back....cower in fear...

D

·
0 Posts
see i dont bother with super specific genres of what the music i listen to it, im probably the worst person to ask when it comes to what genre a band is.. I just listen to the bands. i dont care to look up on the net what genre people consider them

i just like metal like newer slayer, mudvayne, kitte, rammstien, system of a down (i consider it metal) and other **** like that.. hell if i know what to call it though

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
I like the metal that actual has a point, if that makes any sense. You know how there's just some metal that sounds like nothing more than a bunch of noise? That's the type of metal I can't stand. Metal pretty hit or miss, you can get the best bands by going metal, but you can also get some bands that are complete crap. Same might be said for all types of music, but I'd just like to point that out.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah i hate bands that are loud and heavy for the sake of being loud and heavy... it just sounds ****ty

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i like power, speed (motorhead), thrash, melodic death metal, and nu metal. i like certian bands from those types of metal, i cant stand most of them though

·
Banned
151 Posts
well i voted for power but lately im getting into the death metal gothic metal but mudvayne rammstein and slipknot.
then the older stuff is the best like ac/dc hendrix, led zeppelin def leppard kiss and ever some poisen

·
Registered
898 Posts
pballer486 said:
well i voted for power but lately im getting into the death metal gothic metal but mudvayne rammstein and slipknot.
then the older stuff is the best like ac/dc hendrix, led zeppelin def leppard kiss and ever some poisen
Mudvayne, Rammstein, and Slipknot are not gothic metal, haha. Sentenced is gothic metal...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Rammstein is like wow....and then the rest.....good but not nessarcly as hard as i'd like to hear?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts