Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pumped.. hopefully the rookies will step it up even more this season, we should have a pretty good team. i know there's a lot of favre haters on here, but still, you cant deny how exciting the packers are to watch when they are actually a formidable opponent.. i hope i can get to a few more games next year, i cant wait.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
Yeah baby! Just read my email. Its good he will be back. Jennings should do good and alot fo the younger players, now with a lil experiance, should be better. Im looking forward to the d this year. Alot of players stepped it up at the end (Nick Collins)<<<plus he wears a great #, 36, just like Butler.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I guess their extremely sucky season is still postponed...

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
I guess their extremely sucky season is still postponed...
Well, hopefully Rodgers will learn alot under favre and gain some good experiance. He didnt look too bad, not good but not bad when he played. So hopefully he gains some experiance with favre has meantor and when he steps into the role he ahs some players that are now rookies that can carry him *cough Rexman *cough*

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
nah, im happy hes coming back. hes gonna have a few more record breakers under his belt, so thats promising...
yeah, TD record this year. What a tank he is! How many straight games? And you gotta love him for getting over the addiction, plus a super bowl ring, and a fun guy, already with a ton of records and a spot in canton.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
He should have retired.. but I will be at UWGB next season so I may be attending more games than usual. :tup:
Why should he have retired? He is playing good, and the people around him are starting to pick it up. Aaron Rodgers isnt ready. Can you suggest an alternative? I think having him come back is a great decision,

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
Um.. Don't have him come back?

..There's going to be a year or 5 where the Packers will royally suck just because changing quarterbacks is a pretty big deal. (5 is an exaggeration.) Just like toXic said.. Delaying the inevitable.

Not that it matters.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Yea Favre will always be one of the top Qb's in my time, but he should have called it quits. He doesnt have anything else to prove. And he isnt doing that great. He had the same amount of TD's than he did interceptions. And overall stat wise, he is doing pretty bad. Sure he threw for 3885 yards, but he threw 613 times. The closest to that was Kitna who threw 596(but got 4200 yards) then you have soembody like Rex Grossman who threw 480(133 less) and still got almost 3200 yards(but more int's than brett :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, he is still gaining to his all time yards, but thats because they just throw the ball up every play. I love Brett Favre, but he should have retired while he was still good. Doing somethign like this will only hurt his reputation, but that doesnt really matter. Hes pretty much automatically in the hall of fame.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
Yea Favre will always be one of the top Qb's in my time, but he should have called it quits. He doesnt have anything else to prove. And he isnt doing that great. He had the same amount of TD's than he did interceptions. And overall stat wise, he is doing pretty bad. Sure he threw for 3885 yards, but he threw 613 times. The closest to that was Kitna who threw 596(but got 4200 yards) then you have soembody like Rex Grossman who threw 480(133 less) and still got almost 3200 yards(but more int's than brett :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, he is still gaining to his all time yards, but thats because they just throw the ball up every play. I love Brett Favre, but he should have retired while he was still good. Doing somethign like this will only hurt his reputation, but that doesnt really matter. Hes pretty much automatically in the hall of fame.
If favre had called it quits would you have started Rodgers or got a new QB?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I would have gotten a better one at the draft. Such as matt lienert or jay cutler. Then let Favre sorta "teach" them a little bit and they would have taken over this season coming up.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
I would have gotten a better one at the draft. Such as matt lienert or jay cutler. Then let Favre sorta "teach" them a little bit and they would have taken over this season coming up.
Hm, did green bay pass on leinhart? Or was he gone by that time? I didnt really pay attention to the draft. I think they are getting him to tutor Rodgers, but only time will tell if its the right decision.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Yea and they passed on cutler. Which he has done pretty good for the bronco's. It just seems like Rodgers is more fit for JUST a back up spot, unless he completely changes some how.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts