Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take it anymore. The microwaved ramen is getting to me. I think I've lost 5 or 10 pounds since I've been living here.

I'm buying a george formans grill / skillet on newegg

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
I agree, I haven't weighed myself but I have lost weight, easily. But I went home this weekend and my aunt bought me peanut butter cracker sandwich things, and I got leftover pizza we had for dinner. Score.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
A while ago I came across the rather ingenious idea of growing your own food indoors. The used laundry baskets and filled them with dirt (the holes in the sides help the soil breath). Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding a link.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah we have several cafeterias on campus, but:

1. Its not real food
2. Its too far
3. I can't decide what I want to eat

I dont like the structured life of freshmen year at all. I mean I understand most of these kids I'm living with can't handle themselves, but jesus christ. I'm starving and i have heartburn from eating delivery pizza every day.

AndI really have to **** right now, but the bathroom on my floor is closed for cleaning.

EDIT: Tony, planting a garden is a great idea, I just wish I had more room in this tiny double.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Learn how to cook guys! I do that for a living ;)

Nowadays, you can make easy dishes using only a microwave and fresh stuff. There are a lot of cooking books "Cooking in a microwave for dummies". Just get one and go to the supermarket!

I won't say it's easy, and if you're too lazy to do it, then relax and keep sticking to the Cheetos and Doritos!

I may not know jack about paintball (yet), but I sure can make a nice and tasty baked potato on a microwave, and put some butter or cheese or just good ol' salt before destroying it!

Happy cooking!

·
Registered
15 Posts
George Foreman is very nice too, I agree. That and a microwave and you can cook a full meal no prob, just gotta learn the skills... Go for the books, or Google it!

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Yeah we have several cafeterias on campus, but:

1. Its not real food
2. Its too far
3. I can't decide what I want to eat

I dont like the structured life of freshmen year at all. I mean I understand most of these kids I'm living with can't handle themselves, but jesus christ. I'm starving and i have heartburn from eating delivery pizza every day.

AndI really have to **** right now, but the bathroom on my floor is closed for cleaning.

EDIT: Tony, planting a garden is a great idea, I just wish I had more room in this tiny double.
Believe it or not, living the life of a freshmen is part of you college education. Being able to make do with what is at hand is a good thing to be able to do. You won't always have things exactly the way you want them, and you'll have to adjust. The food on campus im sure is just fine, you just have to be creative with what they offer.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Yeah, as a freshman you kinda learn to deal with the fact that you're not at home anymore and you're not going to have the comfort of eating good food all the time.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Also, try buying some frozen fruit, orange or apple juice, and a blender. Smoothies! They're so good and they're good for you. I'd take a large smoothie over Ramen almost any day of the week. It might not be a meal in itself necessarily, but it's a good addition. My vegan friends make one with dinner a lot of the time. Between about 26 ounces of smoothie and a decent sized meal, I find myself quite full whenever I eat at their house.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Another reason why dorms blow. Seriously, get a house or apartment as soon as possible. It makes eating better a lot easier when you actually have a kitchen.

With that said, I never felt starved on Penn State main. The've got pretty good food all over the place on campus and within walking distance off-campus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts