Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, ive got a 98c and im making the un-easy transition from speed to woods/rec. ball.

It has...

GTA double trig
Home trig mods
Polished internals
Scope-Unshure of kind.

My only certain future mod as of now is a Flatline.

What else? I was thinkin...
-Rocket cock 2
-Regulator set up somehow
-Lapco dropforward i already have

I have roughly $160...what else should i get?

Also, if you have a flatty for sale, or any other tippmann ups, let me know!!

Thanks

-RB-

·
Registered
63 Posts
personaly i would go w/an xchamber kit. w/drop. and the flatline i personaly LOVED mine. although its just an opinion mine worked and i dont care what the others say.

chris

·
Why?
146 Posts
Two things that I have found in my experience with woodsball play that has pulled me out of some unyielding jams; would have to be the Flatline Barrel System and my Response Trigger. I wouldn’t trade this set up for anything else, and the advantages are countless. Picking a Flatline as one of your main upgrades is a good idea, but make sure you install it correctly and adjust it to make it work correctly. The RT is godly -well at least I think it is- it is worth it and if you haven’t give it a try.

Read up here on the Flatline System if any questions arise.

Good luck!

·
Registered
136 Posts
i agree the flatline upgrade is a great choice so long as you use the right paint and set it up right make sure its straight because if it isnt it won't perform

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RT...is to expensive right now...and im gettin great firepower w. double trig n home mods.

Flatty is in the mail,

X-chamber is on order at PB shop

What else guys?

Thanks for all the help!

-RB-

·
Registered
559 Posts
if you want to run nitrogen don get a low pressure kit just use the virticle adapter with your x-chamber then get a palmers stablizer (male). nitrogen is kinda nice cuz when pplaying woodsball it is cold sometimes so your Co2 will loose pressure and yoou loose effeciency and consistancy you have to keep them warm to prevent this or run nitrogen and its not a problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
theres a little site called... well i cant say it but they sell rt's for the a-5 and 98 for $49!!

pm me for site

·
slacking with the bashing
491 Posts
ALL RIGHT! some speedballers have common sense, i guess. I love woodsball a gazillion times more than little speedball fields.

anyway...... get a palmers, and a JJ barrel. Get an RT when you have the money. Maybe even get a Cyclone

·
Why?
146 Posts
deejuks2 said:
Maybe even get a Cyclone
Fellow paintball player what do you mean by cyclone? I am just curious what you are referring to when you say cyclone. Because the only cyclone I know is the A-5’s cyclone feed which could be mounted on a 98c but would be a waste in my opinion.

Question for RBomaha03:
I am also curious to what kind of hopper you are using for your woodsball set up?

deejuks2 said:
It all depends on his opinion, not yours.
Thank you for reiterating that fact… And to think it was my opinion in the first place, who would have thunked?

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok first off a regulater on a Tippmann (unless you have N2 or HPA) is worthless and does as little as a monkey with a wrench in a car shop. Dont get the regulator but as i just ordered go with a X chamber it will lower any if any visable Co2 comming out of your gun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dont listem to him^^^. A Palmers Regulator is a better choice then any expansion chamber, no matter what type of air is being used.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Best setup in my opinion is
a) Antisiphoned CO2 with a palmers reg
b) HPA with a palmers reg

X chambers are worthless for tippmanns.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Smitty said:
Best setup in my opinion is
a) Antisiphoned CO2 with a palmers reg
b) HPA with a palmers reg

X chambers are worthless for tippmanns.
:sly: I'm sorry to be a bother but could you explain to me what that is? I'm a big fan of woodball and I own a tippmann and I want to know what ups to do. Thank you

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Antisiphoned CO2 is a modification performed at your local proshop that prevents liquid CO2 from exiting the bottle.

HPA= High Pressure air tank

Palmers reg= A very nice regulator that controls the input pressure to the gun

x chamber = allows the liquid CO2 to expand before entering the gun.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Tippynew said:
Really? i was told the a regulater dosent do much for a 98c. If so what does it do?
1 word: consistancy (consistancy=accuracy)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts