Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
One of my friends has the Fenix ACS, it performs well, but remember, all Spyders work the same, and if I were you, I would go with an Imagine, much cheaper, same performance. But, there really is nothing wrong with the Fenix, it's reliable, but think about upgrading the trigger ASAP. The stock one is extremely hard to walk IMO.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Won't take an Ultralite barrel. Other then that they are nice guns.

DyeTex

·
Registered
71 Posts
I call shens on that one. Why would it not be able to take it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
My friend has the Fenix. We were both buying new barrels. I have the Icon E. I bought the Ultralite first. We tried to put it on his gun and it does not twist on. We took his gun into the shop, they tried to put a different one on his gun, wouldn't go. So they try to put it on the one on the shop wall, won't go on. He didn't know why. So my friend bought a Freak barrel.

Try it if you have one. They will not go on them.

DyeTex

·
Registered
71 Posts
Could it have been your friends threads? I have NEVER heard of this problem before, I just might have to test it out. Oh and still get the imagine instead. (OH BTW no matter what Spyder you get I reccomend the CIP trigger as one of the first upgrades for it, stock trigger=hard to walk)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The ACS system in my experience works some of the time, but definitely not all of the time. It is not a necesary upgrade and IMO isn't worth the money.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree, the ACS is hype in my opinion. Not worth it really. Try out that tread thing though. Just go to a shop and ask them to let you hold a Fenix and then ask them to put a Dye Ultralite onto it. It may shock the shop guy.

DyeTex

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a fenix and my wife as an e-99 same thing, but difference in cost. go with an imagine or something...I actually like the rear cocking ones bettere because my fenix's top pin broke off after several games. The impact of the bolt going back and forth just killed it and then you have to take out the top pin (which can be a pain) in order to take out your bolt to fix or clean it... Save the money and go with a cheaper spyder with better upgrades... I always thought that a more expensive spyder will outperform cheaper ones (electronic ones) ...I was wrong... a spyder is a spyder is a spyder... Get upgrades with a cheaper spyder!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Fenix is a good gun. It's basically an Imagine with a better LCD screen, 2 piece barrel, regulator, and a gauge. It only shoots one ball faster for the older Imagines, the newer ones have the same speed. The 2 piece barrel is pretty loud, might wanna get that upgraded. And the gauge is pretty accurate, it's small too. I give it a 9/10 for a Kingman gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i love my fenix, its a good gun. it hasnt failed me yet. no upgrade past a hopper and barrel will be necessary, but i put on dye sticky grips cuz i didnt like stock and a palmers stabilizer for more consistant shots. but i think its a great gun and with some pratice and skill you can take out a lot of people with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok i will NEVER upgrade other than a hopper and barrel. Out of the imagine, fenix ACS, and E99 which one should i get? This will probably be my only gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts