Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I love my fibur barrel. If that took freak inserts I would probably buy one. But since it is just a normal barrel, I will probably pass.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
No. The freaks inserts are not the greatest. They are kinda inconsistent. I have a .691 that is smaller than a .689 lol....

But any barrel will be great that has a close bore match with the paint you are using.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
my bores seemed to be pretty accurate on size. and I have a fibur barrel and shoot nothing else on my impulse(unfortuately I don't have a cocker threaded one).

·
Registered
6 Posts
wait so the freak inserts change the size of the barrel or something? or like what do they do? and whats the different between .683 and .691 or w.e? is the fibur good without them cause that the barrel I am hoping to get.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The inserts change the width of the barrel. .691 means the barrel can shoot a bigger ball, .689 works better for a smaller ball.

the fibur that costs $90 requires the inserts. I *think* it comes with one though, not sure. But you have to use them. The $70 barrel does not use the inserts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Checked their webpage. The "non" freak insert has been discontinued until further notice. Quality Control ISSUES! Damn, I really wanted one to.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
strange, never heard of anything like that with DW products.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts