Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here, but a few weeks ago I hosted an event called "Fight for Breath". It was a benefit show for lung cancer, and in tribute to my friends mom who died cause of it right before xmas.

Well we raised $3500 (bout 300 people came), -$800 in the club expenses. We're sending about $2700 to the lungevity foundation.

Thought id share it, and some pics.

my girlfriend and some hot band guy

tried to get a shot of the crowd. bad pic, but there was around 280-300 there.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
493 Posts
so your girlfriend was sitting with someone sexyer then you, who is also a musician!?!?!?? and you took pics? well good luck finding a new girlfriend

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ME' said:
so your girlfriend was sitting with someone sexyer then you, who is also a musician!?!?!?? and you took pics? well good luck finding a new girlfriend
lol i didnt take the pic. i dont care im pretty laid back, to me its like her having a crush on a celebrity or something. i joked with her i was like yeah i know your gonna be flirting with spence (that guy) all night, but thats okay cause i am too. and since i was running it, i hadda get his number and everything and made her jealous. heh

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NYY said:
este los estados unidos, tu pinche gabacho! aprena ingles!

D

·
0 Posts
decent man. two years ago i helped run a show for a couple benefits.. some of the douches wanted to send money to PETA and Green Peace... I had no intentions of doing that.. so pretty much all of it went to the humane society for the puppies and kittens

i think we got around 1150 or so.. 5 bucks at the door.. so it was decent.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool dude, we were $10 at the door. there were 10 bands and an $800 club fee -- so the price was very reasonable.

D

·
0 Posts
PBNewbie69 said:
cool dude, we were $10 at the door. there were 10 bands and an $800 club fee -- so the price was very reasonable.
local bands or?

we had no rental fee, we were able to have it in the school. Ran it through a club we set up. and it was all local bands and students bands.. we had a bag pipe player, solo snare, couple punk bands, one or two ska bands.. some piano.. it was pretty spread out.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all very good, very established local bands. the club we rented had full sound production, a full service bar, lighting, etc. it was worth it

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes thank you -- i believe theres some still floating around myspace

1 - 18 of 18 Posts