Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal... I'm impatient. Like, REALLY impatient. The kind of impatient where I can explode if I'm really pushed enough (IE: Some asshole in front of me moving too slow.)

As you can tell, I ****ing hate waiting in line in Fileplanet. Of course I love what I wait for, however it's not worth it on any level of torture to wait 1 ****ing hour for a file when it SAYS 40 minutes, and let alone a Goddamn Demo.

Anywho, my question is this:

Does anyone here currently pay for a Fileplanet account?
I ask because I would like to know a little bit aboot it. If I like what I hear, I might as a friend of mine if he would like to split the annual cost.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
im not a member, but being one definately has its benefits. [commercial voice] You not only dont have to wait in line, but you get faster speeds. Also they offer free full game downloads like splinter cell righ now. And you also get tons of offers, discounts, etc for games.

D

·
0 Posts
lol, i used to go there.. and i have 56k.. oh man did it piss people off.. id be downloading forever.. and theyd all be waiting in line.. suckers

·
Registered
416 Posts
it depends on how impatiant u are. if u hate lines, buy it. if u can deal with the wait, then dont. what i would do is wait, go do something for 40 minutes ( or however long the line is) and come back later.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
most of the games i play have better sites to dl from like

bf1942- www.bf1942files.com

or

fpscentral.com

great speeds, all you have to do is sign up

heh i love dl'ing a 250 mb file in 10 minutes on wireless cable

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
100%Wooddog said:
I don't think you have to apy anything but you do have to wait in line which sucks.

Hence the entire point of this thread. Guests pay nothing and wait, members pay, and get faster downloads, and more exclusives.

Anyway, my download from Fileplanet went 700 kbps, so not bad.

Even though I waited 1 hour for what was supposed to be 41 minutes *Shakes fist*

·
Registered
321 Posts
NYY said:
most of the games i play have better sites to dl from like

bf1942- www.bf1942files.com

or

fpscentral.com

great speeds, all you have to do is sign up

heh i love dl'ing a 250 mb file in 10 minutes on wireless cable
my cable internet runs at like 8mbps consistantly and if ne 1 wants 2 host a pic i can prove that

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Lowtryx said:
Even though I waited 1 hour for what was supposed to be 41 minutes *Shakes fist*
Its the 56k ppl. All they do eat up fileplanet spots and make easy kills in counter strike.

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
i concidered it, but it wasnt worth it for me to spend that much on demos, mods and patches. Half the time you can download the demo from thier official site. Try Fileshack.com, the lines are a bit shorter sometimes...

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input, guys. I believe I've decided against signing up. It's not really worth it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i like http://www.ausgamers.com. yes it's located in australia, but i still get relatively quick dl's. oh yeah and NO GAY WAITING IN LINE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts