Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have the model 98 kit. I upgraded to a thermal JT mask but thats it. I play woodsball a lot but i also play speedball and i want to start getting in tournaments. Model 98 in a tourney just dosent cut it so i was wondering what i should get. I have 250 in the bank and i could sell my gun. How much would a model 98 go for used? im willing to spend like 800 on a gun. Whats a gun that will do me good at a tourney that i wont spend time fixing and wont spend to much time waiting for it...i want it to be fast. Also what upgrades would i get for it in the long run. Thanks for your help in advance im just trying not to waste my money so i want to know what will do me good before i get it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
With 800 bucks, you could look into an Orracle or a Custom Impy. Some places you could find a shocker for 800.

With 250 plus about 75 that you get from selling your 98 custom, you could get a "The One" marker from Dragun. Very fast. Capable of keeping up with all the markers that I listed above.

·
Captain of Team Impact
639 Posts
800 dollars can get u some good stuff..Personally i would look through b/s/t forums for a used impy. Then i would buy a HPA tank. Also, you can get a superstock or nightkast new for that.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
hell, with $800 just go troll the pbn b/s/t forums

you can find some hella nice timmy's, imp's, angel's, shocker's and cocker's

id go with a timmy if i were you

·
Registered
593 Posts
Get a brand new Angel Speed. I think you can get em for $800 new.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah with 800 to work with, you should be able to find damn near anything used, even with a tank.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so anything around 800 will be tourney worthy all i gotta do is just find something? I like angel speeds i might go with that. Cockers seem nice to i could get a nightkast..hmm

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i wood get an e-cocker

i actually regret gettin the 98 custom, i had the money, i should have gotten the cocker

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats an e-cocker? Im guessin an ebladed cocker. PM or IM me a link so i can see one. Im guession e-cockers are tourny worthy? dependable? all that stuff? IM ME PLEASE! Bluedevils12903

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
guys he is coming up from a 98c, giving him a ecocker is kind of a big learning curve for him, id say get a high-end blow back, such as "the one" or tes as u are going to also need nitro for the higher end markers, the tes will run on co2, and u could pickthe gun up right after u get the tippy sold and not worry about waiting so long to save for anything better

·
Registered
347 Posts
e-orracle is more than 800.!
angel speed would be NICE... even a used A4

but i think u should also consider a cheaper gun.... for example a TES X or the one!..
dont get a dragun drallion... i found it bad... didnt like it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts