Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
one of the best games EVER IMO. I wish they made RPG's like this, this game was really thought out well. I miss the old RPG days where thought count:(

What do you think games were then compared to now? What would you like to keep and what would you like to scrap? I wish they wouldn't use so many speacial effects and use more storyline game play action.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
oookk what purpose is this tread supposed to to make us reply?

besides that^

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it, i've mastered it through and through. 110% I even found the island that's not on the map.

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
i played it, beat it loved it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
128shot said:
one of the best games EVER IMO
many of the final fantasy [the older ones] are good. but theres one game that beats them all
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ill take FF 7 over any zelda in a second.

I loveeeee FF 7 and its most definetly my favorite RPG of all time. It just flat out awesome.

My second favorite is FF tactics advanced... i love that game lol.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
FF7 and Zelda are totally different games. Personally I don't think any game has ever been as good as Ocarina of time, for it's time of course. I remember playing that and was just in astonishment of how advanced and awesome it was. Although I remember feeling the same way with Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past as well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
finaly fantasy XI is awesome. But the best rpg ever is kotor

·
Registered
770 Posts
I dig FF7. I think it's one of the better games put out.. but I think it's a little overrated. Some people say it's the end all be all of video game... which it really isn't. Xenogears was my all time fav. But yeah... I miss the days of good video games... IMO FFX was the worst damn game I played in a long time. When square and enix merged... they started dissapointing me. The only good "modern" RPG's I've gotten into have been Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, and Xenosaga (90% movie, but I still love it). Skies really made me feel like I was playing an old school game though... Story/characters > Graphics/cheesecake. the PS2 generation has definatly been lacking in the RPG skill of the olden days. I feel like such a geezer. Kids these days.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Gabriot said:
Although I remember feeling the same way with Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past as well.
i didnt like Link to the Past. it was just ... i dont know the story didnt have enough of a plot in it

·
Registered
873 Posts
Saddly it looks like current day RPGS have started getting stuck in the same trap all other ones have.... The quest for better graphics. We see less and less RPGs because the developers have to spend so much time making each one compared to the old days full of classics such as FF1,2,3 (US) Dragon warrior, ect.

·
Why?
146 Posts
FF7... All i can say is the story is o.k. but there is room for graphics like no other. When i cant tell the difference between my main character and a toaster... I lose the ability to stay in the game, and i lose interest in it because my head is a giant pixel on the screen.

I played through the first disc and my eyes watered so bad because i was trying to make out what was the characters and the enemies (and no it wasn't my tv) that i couldn't stand it anymore.

Though for the time being i did enjoy the other aspects and it kept the great RPGness of the days of old. Now i disagree with the lets make it look so real it looks cheezy idea, then the sweet story line and/or gameplay. If they took the graphics picked a point of where they can have a pause. And work on a good story/play idea, then we would have it made. But time and time again i see them fail and i have yet to play a good RPG as of today.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
1.)The storyline of FF7 is widely considered one of the best, if not THE best storys of any video game, ever.

2.)This game came out in 1997. Do you have any idea how MIND BLOWING the graphics were back then? Not the character graphics, but the AMAZING CG movies (which btw, are still on par with a lot of modern games). Your exaggeration of the "poor" character graphics is rediculous because you are the first person I have ever heard complain about the character graphics. Most people realized that they made them super-deformed on purpose (for many reasons), and just ignored it. I thought it made the game original. But whether you liked the super-deformed characters or not is besides the point; To say that you can't tell the difference between your guys and the bad guys is simply unbelievable.

On another note, my top 5 favorite RPGs (no order but the first 2):

1.)Final Fantasy 7
2.)Final Fantasy Tactics (NOT Advanced, Advanced sucked compared to the original)
3.)Breath of Fire III
4.)Mario RPG
5.)Suikoden (Amazing for being like the 2nd game made for the PS)

And in closing, I must say FF7 is absolutely the best video game I think I have ever played. This is my belief, many share it with me, if you don't like it then come up with some good points and I would be more than willing to debate on AIM.

-Jin

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
ew... i hate vincent. I always use Cid, cloud, and barret.

Cid is my favorite lol.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a playstation at a pawn shop and finding old FF games for cheap. I just love them. I almost cried when I beat 9 because it was over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts