Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided a while ago: i'm out of shape. not obese by any standards, but just out of shape.

but i just went to the a gym down the block from me, got a tour, some discounts, and i'm going to sign up on friday/saturday.

its not that big.. but it has a nce locker area, some showers (theyre adding a sauna). has ellipticals, treadmills, the whole 9 yards. plus every machine has personal TV's which is sick. xm radio, free weights, boxing/spinning/cardio/martial arts area. so yeah i can't wait to start getting in shape.. and i would also suggest to anyone else who has wanted to get in shape for some time but just never took the initiative: just go visit a gym.. once you find the one you like you'll want to sign up and start as soon as possible..

so i have a student discount, and it comes out to 60$ a month, and a free session with the trainer which is pretty cool

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I lifted some in my basement today, it was neat.

I want to get in shape over the winter. A friend of mine knows a personal trainer that I am going to try to get with.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I just run outside like 5-6 days a week and use the weight room at school. Gets me in good enough shape for rugby.

dont get sick of working out if the results dont come fast. because they dont. dont expect to make any gains or lose weight rapidly. just keep at it.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
burningcow422 said:
I just run outside like 5-6 days a week and use the weight room at school. Gets me in good enough shape for rugby.

dont get sick of working out if the results dont come fast. because they dont. dont expect to make any gains or lose weight rapidly. just keep at it.

That's why I have never stuck with it. I would run for a couple weeks and lift a bit, but I never seen anything and just quit.

One day, I am actually going to stick with it and try to get a real schedule going.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i've been doing free weights and stretching, situps/pushups/etc. every morning for about a week...

i can see more toning/muscle definition already, but nothing much in the way of muscle mass increase.

I have a treadmill, i should start using it more...

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
umm... I play basketball for an hour and a half every Sunday... good enough?

experts say to excercise 3 days a week at least thirty minutes... 30 x 3= 90 minutes

1 hour 30 Minutes= 90 minutes

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
BlueShox said:
umm... I play basketball for an hour and a half every Sunday... good enough?

experts say to excercise 3 days a week at least thirty minutes... 30 x 3= 90 minutes

1 hour 30 Minutes= 90 minutes
It's all about doing it multiple times a week though.

If you run 5 miles every saturday, then sit on your ass all week, it won't do **** for you.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Barber said:
I wish I had someplace to swim.

My knees and I both hate running.
I have to drive to the local school districts athletic center (30 min) and pay for it, so its not like I've got my own lake or anything. Still, its a place to swim.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
my advice: personal trainers are a dime a dozen and usually have no clue what they are talking about. they just spit out whatever their superiors told them. if you want real advice, find the person in the gym with the physique you want, and ask them what to do, because they know from experience. if they are a different bodytype than you, they should still know what's up because they will have obviously been lifting for a while, but either way you could probably find someone with a similar bodytype to yours and ask them for advice. they will most likely be somewhat flattered and happy to help someone achieve what they worked so hard for

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Spudchucker said:
my advice: personal trainers are a dime a dozen and usually have no clue what they are talking about. they just spit out whatever their superiors told them. if you want real advice, find the person in the gym with the physique you want, and ask them what to do, because they know from experience. if they are a different bodytype than you, they should still know what's up because they will have obviously been lifting for a while, but either way you could probably find someone with a similar bodytype to yours and ask them for advice. they will most likely be somewhat flattered and happy to help someone achieve what they worked so hard for
very true and even if the personal trainer is nice and tone or big it doesnt mean he knows what hes doing. some people are huge and have no clue whats going on. it took some of them twice as long as it should have to get that body because they didnt know what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
my dad used to be a weight lifter. Him and his friends would do it. One of my best friends dads is friends with my dad and they would go weightlifting. He (friend) hold billions of trophys and records.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
bodybuilding.com is your friend!

i have been doing tons of cardio lately. my shin splints are KILLING me, and i sprained my ankle kind of badly in a fraternity league football game (which we won, i had 2 sacks FTW). im bike bound for the next week :(

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
imhungry said:
bodybuilding.com is your friend!

i have been doing tons of cardio lately. my shin splints are KILLING me, and i sprained my ankle kind of badly in a fraternity league football game (which we won, i had 2 sacks FTW). im bike bound for the next week :(
yeah shin splints suck. and are annoying as hell.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
I have to drive to the local school districts athletic center (30 min) and pay for it, so its not like I've got my own lake or anything. Still, its a place to swim.

I've got a lake in my backyard and a pool down the road, but it's getting cold out.

I want to get a nice stationary bike or something for the winter. Would this be as good as running?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts