Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after about 4 hours and 20 minutes at the honda dealership my family came back with a new car. But what kind of car you ask?

Silver 06 Honda pilot EX 4WD

So its not mine but I'll definitely be driving it and I can't wait to take it up to Tahoe. Its a gigantic step up from the old mazda mpv (which my family has had since I was born). It can actually ascend hills without struggling, it has a tight turning radius, comfortable seats, a lot of storage room, 265 horsepower, its just an all around nice car.

I'll have pics sometime soon.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
are those things front wheel drive? i cant tell, it almost looks like a ford escapes rear end, with the independent suspension, but i dunno a whole lot about pilots. I dont like the tail lights tho, in the sun its hard to tell if youre braking or not...

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
244hp, not 265hp. ;)

crustybug,
Yea, from what I heard it was modeled after the Escape/Tribute, but it's bigger. It's FWD normally, but switches automatically into AWD, like the Escape/Tribute. Kind of annoying you can't lock it into FWD only, but most people wouldn't know when to switch it, so they don't give the option. If it's anything like my Tribute it should be an all around good ride.

What options did they get in it sNoW? Nav, DVD, ect?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doomsday said:
244hp, not 265hp. ;)

crustybug,
Yea, from what I heard it was modeled after the Escape/Tribute, but it's bigger. It's FWD normally, but switches automatically into AWD, like the Escape/Tribute. Kind of annoying you can't lock it into FWD only, but most people wouldn't know when to switch it, so they don't give the option. If it's anything like my Tribute it should be an all around good ride.

What options did they get in it sNoW? Nav, DVD, ect?
No options, its just the EX, its got like allow wheels and all that crap that really has no performance difference. But I already have an XM radio and we'll be putting some method of watching DVDs in there.

And you were right about it, it is 244, I dunno why my dad said 265.

But its way better than my 1990 mazda MPV, we didn't even sell that piece, we donated it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts