Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I moved into my apartments about a year ago my neighbor had a diesel dually gmc parked just setting there. Well I started bull****tin with him one day and asked him whats up with it. He told me he changed the lift pump and fuel filter and it never ran again but ran great before. So a few weeks later he was messing with it and getting frustrated I saw my chance to scoop it up.

I offered him $1000 and he took it. I did some reading made some calls and figured out the guy forgot to re-prime the fuel system. I charged the batteries primed it and its been running like a bawse ever since. Plans are to put matching grill, lights, and two tone like my bagged truck then drop it 5/8 and use it as a tow pig for my bagged truck.

1994 GMC 3500 ext cab dually
6.5 turbo diesel
nv4500 manual trans 3spd with granny low and overdrive.
149k miles

On to the pics.

The day I got it running and moved out of the covered parking area.

Cleaned it up and gave a good waxing.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it blue books for around 4000 and they are selling for 5-6000 around here. Only has 149,xxx miles on it and the guy just had the whole front end rebuilt and two new tire put on in the front right before it quit running for him.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol... he's your friend?
no, just my neighbor. The guy was super cool about it and glad I got it running so easy, he even filled up the diesel tank for me off his work truck lol. They guy actually passed away last weekend due to a head injury he received while workin out on the pipe in Kansas. Pretty sad, dude seemed like a really good person.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
That thing's a manual? Manliest truck ever. Nice purchase. Sorry to hear about the owner though, that's really awful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts