Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
w00t, i finally got my 98c yesterday,

got co2 filled up and tested out a little at my house balcony..

i couldn't really tell what's up since my balcony was small,
i couldn't even shoot that much, since i was afriad someone might call cops.

the gun was louder than i expected.

I hope I can install 'expansion chamber' and 'double trigger' today.

and hopefully, this weekend,i can shoot around a little..

now i am waiting for RT, and stock and barrel

can't hardly wait.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
You could also try a Mil-Sim Shadow Cocker. It basically replaces the hammer and back plastic piece to make your 98C a rear cocker. I think it helped mine greatly. Also you should try a new barrel. The do wonders for sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about i get the rocket cock AND the Mil-Sim Shadow?
hehehe

the rocket cock looks like it covers the little opening at the side of the gun...

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
...Because that's not quite possible to install both of them...at the same time.

The rocket cock has a little tab that replaces the bolt handle that is on there now, and it has a cover that goes over the whole thing.

The shadow or any rear cocking system will cock in the rear, by pulling straight back. These also give you a plate to cover the side, because its no longer used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohhhhh~~~ i see

i think i will go with the rocket one, since i am getting a stock for my 98c...

i am almost ready to install

1. response trigger
2. expansion chamber

I already installed double finger trigger last night, it was freaking easy

is there any guide or walk-through for installing response trigger and explansion chamber???

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Rocket Cock is also much easier to install, I believe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah get the rocket cock. It makes the gun a little bit silenter, and all you do is oull out 2 screws, put on the rockest cock, and put the 2 new screws in. Also a new barel will make it a lot quieter.

·
Registered
263 Posts
frank84 said:
oh, is that so?

hmmm... after doing all the upgrades, Rocket Cock will be the next thing

Definately.

My team says it's going to be their first upgrade for when they get their 98C's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm guessing you already have a barrel that's ported for the right length? It doesn't quite the hammer down, just the gas coming out of your gun, but you probably already have one (I hope to god you upgraded your barrel), so I'll shush up now :looking .

·
Registered
263 Posts
The only thing worse than a stock barrel is a short stock barrel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
purelycanadian said:
I'm guessing you already have a barrel that's ported for the right length? It doesn't quite the hammer down, just the gas coming out of your gun, but you probably already have one (I hope to god you upgraded your barrel), so I'll shush up now :looking .
ahahaha, yes i am getting a new barrel..

one of those BT m16 looking barrel for scenario ball

getting a stock to go with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
frank84 said:
ohhhhh~~~ i see

i think i will go with the rocket one, since i am getting a stock for my 98c...

i am almost ready to install

1. response trigger
2. expansion chamber

I already installed double finger trigger last night, it was freaking easy

is there any guide or walk-through for installing response trigger and explansion chamber???
I installed a RT on my 98c and its pretty easy. It comes with instuctions. You will, however, need a set of wrenches to tighten the external RT line and the braided steel air supply line. You will also need a flat head scewdriver. Another thing you will need is a hammer and something to punch out the external line hole on the right side of the gun body (I used a hammer and one of the allen wrenches that came with my gun). Also the valve assembly must come out of the old power tube and be put into the new one. This is kind of tricky to line back up properly but even with trial and error I eventually got it. If you start having a hard time with it just send me a PM and Ill gladly walk you through it. thumup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just installed Expansion chamber.....

easy? not really,

unscrewing and screwing those new valves and all was very hard..

after i am done with those, i still hear a leakage from the chamber...

what have i done wrong?

·
Registered
201 Posts
that's awesome. the 98c is freakin sweet. and yeah it is pretty loud. you should check out CP barrels. i got a 12" cp classic once piece for mine and it works really well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
frank84 said:
Just installed Expansion chamber.....

easy? not really,

unscrewing and screwing those new valves and all was very hard..

after i am done with those, i still hear a leakage from the chamber...

what have i done wrong?
stupid me...

forgot about locktite...
no more leakage,

also installed RT meanwhile..
I love RT

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Talk about tough installs. (Hi, new member here.) I just installed a response trigger on my MODEL 98! Can't be done (except by factory), right? Wrong. It can be done, but you need to be a blaming idiot to try. It took 6 hours, a couple dremel grinding bits, and a bunch of stupidity to do it, but I did it! Actually, it works great.

I know, why didn't I just buy a Custom or Custom pro? My wife got me this gun for Father's day. I guess I'm a softy. Didn't want her to feel bad.

Anyhow, thought you guys would be interest in hearing this. If not, sorry.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts