Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I sold the legendary $100 Jeep for $1750 today. With that and the money in my checking account, I have 3k+ for a new car. :tup

Now I turn 16 on May 1st, so I HAVE to have a car by then.

Idk what to get.. I found a nice clean 300ZX and I've been looking everywhere in the midwest. Good shape, 128k miles, rebuilt motor, thats all I know. I think its NA, but it might have a turbo. Dunno if its auto or 5spd. He's askign 4000 obo so I think I might go check it out this weekend and see if my rents can help me out.

But yeah idk what else to look for.. I've been looking for preludes, and I'm still considering some nice Foxbodies. I've thought about just getting a Civic EX.. Cheap, reliable, kinda fast..

Dunno.. any suggestions? Don't even dare suggest an SUV, Truck, Van, etc.
 

·
Taking Back Control
Joined
·
2,191 Posts
young grasshopper, only a jeep is the ultimate chick magnet, you will be stricken with bad relationships until you die...lol. Civics arent even kinda fast, id get a car with rear wheel drive, most fun, and whatever size engine you want....4.....6.....8 i dunno...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crustybug said:
young grasshopper, only a jeep is the ultimate chick magnet, you will be stricken with bad relationships until you die...lol. Civics arent even kinda fast, id get a car with rear wheel drive, most fun, and whatever size engine you want....4.....6.....8 i dunno...
Lol

Maybe a Wrangler.. not a Cherokee. :D

And Civic EXs aint bad.. Not fast, not slow.
 

·
teh car guy
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
If you're wanting something that will be reliable and get good gas mileage, go with the civic. Yea, they're not the fastest out there, but do you want something that eats gas and isn't very reliable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,591 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Well guys I sold the legendary $100 Jeep for $1750 today. With that and the money in my checking account, I have 3k+ for a new car. :tup

Now I turn 16 on May 1st, so I HAVE to have a car by then.

Idk what to get.. I found a nice clean 300ZX and I've been looking everywhere in the midwest. Good shape, 128k miles, rebuilt motor, thats all I know. I think its NA, but it might have a turbo. Dunno if its auto or 5spd. He's askign 4000 obo so I think I might go check it out this weekend and see if my rents can help me out.

But yeah idk what else to look for.. I've been looking for preludes, and I'm still considering some nice Foxbodies. I've thought about just getting a Civic EX.. Cheap, reliable, kinda fast..

Dunno.. any suggestions? Don't even dare suggest an SUV, Truck, Van, etc.
Find out more info on the Nissan, and go look at it next weekend. I say you go with that, and tell your parents you'll pay them back, and get a job (I don't think you have one from what I remember);
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thepunkdrummer said:
If you're wanting something that will be reliable and get good gas mileage, go with the civic. Yea, they're not the fastest out there, but do you want something that eats gas and isn't very reliable?
I've considered a DSM... just dont want it to blow up in 2 months. :)

I don't like hatches, sooo no go on the GTI.

I'm really hoping I can just find a nice cheap Prelude cause they are fast, reliable, and good economy.

I was going to buy one for 1500 that needed paint but the rear wheelwells were ****ed up, over an inch of putty inside.

Plus it was an S coupe, f22 no h22.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Had a guy show in my store tonight. He had an 89 cherokee with a rock crawler suspension, and the full light ack set up. Got it for 2000 and had a 4.0, looked awesome and sounded great....... cherokees can be excellent vehicle. We have aother guy (parents are rich.) he is 17 and has a 92 cherokee with the same suspension, a full cage, crawler bumper, warn winch, nicely tuned 4.0 and it is awesome. He has geckos painted on the skin...... he comes in with many diff girls all the time.......... dont diss the jeep........... OH AND he has rock crawler mickeys and rims on the thing.......... other doodads we have sold him... K&N cold air intake, aburn lockers, KC lighst (along with a slew of Pro Comp's) i will have to get pics of what he is doing to sell the Idea.........
 

·
see you at the 50
Joined
·
446 Posts
i'd only get the Z if you found a turbo car. i'm looking at a 75 olds starfire [monza] to drop my motor in, car weighs 2700lbs fully loaded with driver. so a little over 300rwhp in it is equal to a 450rwhp 4200lb car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm really thinking about checking out that Z.. I've always wanted one and I want a car I can enjoy throughout high school. I'm willing to work for the not-so-good gas mileage and whatnot.
 

·
We The People
Joined
·
5,925 Posts
Limbeck said:
That Z HAS to have something wrong with it for that cheap. You're looking at $7000 for a nice N/A 300ZX.
No.

With 138K on the car $4000 is about all you're going to get for it, even with the 120k maintenance done. Which, by the way Nick, you will want to make sure was done. Not to mention that is a 1990 Z, and production numbers for the 1990 was higher than all the other years combined. A 1990 NA Z is a fairly common car - well, in the Z world at least.

For $7000 you should be looking at a Twin Turbo Z with about 100k-130k on it.

-Jinjiro
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top