904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

*tore up the box trying to get em out*

More in next post!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

What are the two black things on either side of the speakers? I believe they deal with the performance tweeter, but not sure.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for triple post, but i kno i suck at takin pix.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know. But anyways, I just donated 5,682.71 to Ryan_P. Thank's for the info bout the site man, it really helped out and saved me a lot of money. Anyways, if someone could please explain what those capacitor type deals are and what they do, it would help. LIke I said, believe it has something to do with the tweeter.

*Think that cuz I bought a 20 dollar 14 watt tweeter from walmart and ran 75 watts to it on an mtx 302, and the son of a ***** EXPLODED and blew the tweeter apart. It was 20 dollars WELL spent

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 4 the explanation. Got em put in today and finally got a remote for my h/u. The speakers sound REALLY good in my car, I finally have a great system in my car. Kicker stickers come off whenever the rain stops, then I'll clean the car out/up and get some new pix of her.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not really, if I can find my db meter I'll go do it real quick, but it's all alpine now so there's very little distortion. Maybe if I had an amp but I don't.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

VOlume on 24/35 w/ just defeat on.
Metere'd it peaked around 114. Vibrate pushes a lot of dbs so when it warms up I'll go do it again.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Right now I have an Alpine CDE 9852 Head unit with Alpine type r 6x9's *which was intended to go in my car, yet I put kicker 6.5s in there, despite everyone's advice* and alpine type r 5.25s. And I picked up an Alpine RUE-4202

Pretty nice cept I can't scroll through the songs with it. Just next track/prev track.

I'll wash her and clean her out when it gets nice and take off those horrid kicker stickers, then get pix up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah, but thank u anyways. I got it mounted so I don't lose it. *Sits right under the head unit when not in use, doesn't interfere with the flip down tho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts