Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was in art metals today working on a wax casting ring, and to do that you need a little burner with an alcohol fuel base... so i have one burning at my table and 3 kids including me are using it. well this one named cody, reaches for a tool and knocks the burner over and the top goes flying off, spilling a nice amount of alcohol all over the table.

well, a millisecond later you hear this whoooosh and you see the enormous flames all over the table and my sketchbook for my projects. the teacher of the class comes over faster than i've ever seen him come, and yells to adam (the other kid working at our table) to get the fire extinguisher. in the process, my teacher tries to pick up the glass jar the alcohol was in (there's still a little left inside) and he drops it...

so now there's alcohol all over the seat, and floor and table and fire on top of the alcohol... there's these boxes that hold the glass for art metals 2 (you make stained glass stuff) and those were on fire.. my sketchbook burned in half, and my ring?... melted to the table... lol, so he points at me and cody and tells us to go to the office, then he tells us to go into his office. he calls up the office, and tells the principals to come down because 2 kids just started a fire in his room.

so while we're waiting for the principal to come, the teacher tells us that we might as well not bother coming for semester exams, because he just failed us for the semester, so me and cody are like whatever... the principal comes down and takes us to his office, and we both tell him what happened and he sent us back to class.

well after school, the principal is walking up the stairs and stops me so i figure oh man, what now... and he tells me that nothings probably gonna happen, and he doesnt want me to go home all worrying about it and stuff and that he'd talk to the teacher that night...

so now i'm sittin here like sweet, we just started a fire in a classroom and we're not in trouble!.. lol i just thought i'd share that experience with you guys... i dont have pics (no technology allowed in school) but i'll try to get my sketchbook back if i can and take a pic....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the teacher uses alcohol fueled things to do your work, and then says hes gonna fail you for an accident? wow what an idiot. unless you guys were like laughing and stuff.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
That would have been stupid if you got in trouble. Was the call all freaking out, or did they just stand back and watch?

Malarlar: Whoa, 6?! That's the max on mine! I usually set it to about .2 after the 3.

Why do all toasters have a setting that burns toast to such a crisp that no decent human being would ever eat it?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
CoolHipJim56 said:
Nice, everyone likes a good alcohol fire at school.
Hah, that happened last year in bio. I was sitting down not doing my work then I hear a "whoosh" an "oh ****!", then a second and a half later "Someone get me the fire extinguisher"

My teacher was so dumb, they said it was an electrical fire... and got away with it.

This year a bathroom was lit on fire, and we had to wait outside for like 40 minutes, it sucked.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah... we didnt get into any kind of trouble.. yet.. i dont think we will, but holy crap... we werent laughing at the time, although the rest of the class was... me and cody were more like HOLY ****, then we laughed afterwards...

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
CoolHipJim56 said:
I laughed out loud.
Thats funny because I was like, man thats not gonna be very funny at all.

Our classes our either jokes or the hardest classes ever. For some reason I got an A- for getting a B, she was like "Since you got a B- the first semester and a B the second I'm giving you an A because you improved"

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
man i got so many chemistry stories.. we take the magnesium jar and throw as many strips of it into the sing and throw a match in. BOOM! smoke, sparks, fire and then you fill the sink with water and it bubbles like crazy.

another time we took a stack of paper towels and ignited them. we took a box of matches and flicked flaming mathes out the window. in 9th grade my earth science teacher took lighter fluid and filled the chalk tray on the chalk board with it and it made a HUGE flame across the entire board. the principal coincidently walked in and needless to say, he wasn't tenured or evne asked back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts