Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a point of curiosity, what is the law in the US regarding foreign nationals and firearms? I mean can I as a British person turn up in a gun store with my passport and buy/rent a gun?

-Alex

·
12,110 Posts
I dont believe you can get one. First of all, all states are different. You need a local license sometimes, and a federal firearms license. If you want to carry it around legally, thats another license as well. These arent HARD to get for a normal, law abiding american with no criminal history.

I do know for a FFL (federal firearms license) you need a background check.

I honestly thing you have to be a citizen.

But just as any country, if you know the right person, you can probably meet some gangster in a back alley and purchase one straight off the black market.

·
12,110 Posts
And also,I dont think you can just rent a gun. That would imply that you only need it for a short amount of time. Which means your going to kill something. Either hunting animals or murdering people.

At a range, I'm sure you could go and rent a gun to shoot for the day. Not all ranges would be like this though, and you cant take it off the premesis.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Alpha said:
At a range, I'm sure you could go and rent a gun to shoot for the day. Not all ranges would be like this though, and you cant take it off the premesis.
Most ranges do offer rentals. The indoor range I go to (haven't been in awhile) had a wide selection of guns, from Ruger .22 pistol to an Uzi.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Most states have laws that disallow persons from other certain states to buy guns... For example, MS doesn't allow people from California, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Florida, New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut to purchase firearms. I'm pretty sure, with this in mind, that people from a whole different country would not be permitted to buy a firearm in the US.

And if that isn't enough, you'd have a hella nice time trying to get that sucker back to England.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
you can purchase a gun in most states. however they do a much more extensive background check then if you were a citizen.

and its gonna be hard to get it home unless you smuggle it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts