Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here firefighters or emt's? Just thought id start a thread for all of us to to share our firefighting /EMS stories. I had a nice structure fire yesterday,it was a blast. Mad the interior attack and went into a room and found a fried pet rabbit.

www.augustadps.org/fireequip.html

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was a few streets down. I was at the station just about to leave to go to work and the buzzer went off. Damn it was fun. Theres nothing like it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Im on the fire dept. We hardly ever do enter structure fires, unless there is somebody there, or we can save it. Most of the time before we get the call the house/structure is completely engulfed. But friday night, we had to respond to a head on collision on a interstate. It was the worst i have ever saw, 2 fatalitys.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn that sucks. the worst i saw was when a guy hit the side of a bridge at 140. When we got there the guy was dead and had lacerations to the head and neck...but there was no blood anywhere,except a little on the floor but not much. So we got him out and started getting the car on the towtruck and when it lifted up blood just ran down the ramp like a river...it was crazy as hell.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i have the utmost respect for people who do firefighting/EMT's and what not...its not like cops where there can be "bad cops" anyone who is a firefighter/emt is a good person

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
back home the emts and firemen are all fat and lazy. they are over paid and do very...very little work when they do there response times are slow and they often do the wrong thing. so yes it is like being a good cop bad cop. If you don't know your job and are not physically able to do it then you are a bad emt. most big city ones though are true heros. I might be part of the volunteer later on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im a volunteer now but im going to go into being paid. So i will have to also have to get my emt which i heard was a pretty hard test.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
back home the emts and firemen are all fat and lazy. they are over paid and do very...very little work when they do there response times are slow and they often do the wrong thing. so yes it is like being a good cop bad cop. If you don't know your job and are not physically able to do it then you are a bad emt. most big city ones though are true heros. I might be part of the volunteer later on.
hah jeez i didnt even think about it that way. thats a good point. luckily in the places i have lived weve had good fire departments, like last year when one apartment caught on fire and the firefighters were there in like 3 minutes lol because we lived right across the street from the firestation

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just put a link in my first post showing our trucks. Il put a link to our EMS for you EMT's.

EDIT: well the EMS site is not working right now but it should be up soon.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts

We WERE going to burn it to the ground, but we had to put it out because the lady that was letting us burn it was complaining that too much smoke was getting in her house. I guess she'll have fun spending money on a demolition team to tear it down.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn thats a nice fire! How long untill You guys got it knocked down?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts