Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so i downloaded the new firefox last night and lately my pages have been loading soooo slowly, i have wireless...but my connection is "excellent" so i know thats not the problem. i went thru and tweaked the things it said to in the original thread but idk whats up, help? please?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
mines fine and im on wireless

maybe it is that your inter net service is being slow. try ie and see if it is any faster

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
If you have wireless...you probably have Linksys. If you have Linksys, it could be unsecured. If it's unsecured there are probably a ton of people on the same linksys name. Which leads to slowness.

Solution-secure your network if it's not secured.

If it is...then I dunno.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Only problem I have found with Firefox - and I'm not sure if it's only 2, or was in 1 as well - but when you have a .PDF file open, you can't just click CTRL + T to open a tab. You have to click on a tab, and then press CTRL + T to open one.

-Jin

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Only problem I have found with Firefox - and I'm not sure if it's only 2, or was in 1 as well - but when you have a .PDF file open, you can't just click CTRL + T to open a tab. You have to click on a tab, and then press CTRL + T to open one.

-Jin
That only has happened to me in Windows :D. The acrobat plugin is some sort of hog.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i have no problems with F2, i got linksys wireless too. All good

ps. how do i make my wireless secure? Theres no scomputer pluges durectly into the modem or anything, so its not like there is a "host" or "main computer. So i dont get how i can make it secure but some neighbor of mine cant do the same thing.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
To secure your wireless router:

1.)Go to http://192.168.1.1
2.)Log on. Depending on your router and version, it's probably 'admin' for the user and password, or perhaps 'administrator', or perhaps 'admin' with nothing for the password. You can check on Google if you want.
3.)Click the Wireless tab
4.)Click on Wireless Security
5.)In Security Mode select WEP
6.)Change WEP Encryption to 128 bit
7.)Type whatever you want for the Passphrase
8.)Press Generate to get your 4 keys
9.)You only need one of them, which will be whatever the Default Trasmit Key is (1-4).

And I would definitely recommend changing your username & password from Admin to something different.

By the way, just so you know, no wireless connection is truly 'secure'. WEP can be cracked in literally seconds. I think the record is something like 3 seconds. It's still better than nothing though, so I recommend securing it.

-Jin

-Jin

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
Jinjiro said:
By the way, just so you know, no wireless connection is truly 'secure'. WEP can be cracked in literally seconds. I think the record is something like 3 seconds. It's still better than nothing though, so I recommend securing it.
You'd have to have an insane amount of network activity for it to get cracked that fast.For a home network, it'd take a long time for enough keys to pass through the network before getting enough keys to crack it with

If you're that worried about security, go with WPA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts