Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 4th is just around the corner I've been reminiscing about my enjoyment of fireworks at a young/stupid age. I used to put a bunch of fireworks into a cardboard box with windows cut in, set up as a chain reaction.... A sparkler would ligt fuses tied to it ect. Usually instead of a neat "mousetrap" style display the whole cardboard box would go in flames part way through leading to some jumping and dodging. The worst display I built was when I broke the sticks off of over 100 bottle rockets and jammed them into a cardboard tube I made wide enough to hold all of them parallel. I did my best job of twisting the fuses together (paper fuses work much better then the green one for this purpose) and put it on a small stand so I could get underneath the pack to light it. Unfortunately I didn't anticipate that they would fall over in the tube once several fired not to mention have no control without the sticks. My whole family was watching next to the porch including my grandmother who was in a wheelchair. Once I lit it in the street turned into WW2. Those suckers were flying EVERYWHERE between our roof and the neighbors across the street, exploding all around us. I'm just glad I didn't give my grandmother a heartattack since she was in the middle of the storm with no way out. Whoops!
Did you guys have any close calls with fireworks?

·
Banned
348 Posts
haha i always buy them styrofome planes and light firecrackers in them and then let it fly from my roof. It looks like a heat seeking missle blew the **** out of it!!! its fuun.

Does anyone else have awesome firework ideas

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i do, but don't do it. okay...

get a friend and 2 m80's

put one inbetween your teeth and your friend puts the other inbetween his teeth.
light them

first to spit out the cracker loses.
******************DON"T DO THIS< THIS IS JUST A JOKE! YOU'LL BLOW YOUR JAW OFF**************** DON"T DO IT! BOBBY IS A MORON, DON"T LISTEN TO HIM!****************

·
Registered
53 Posts
How many sparkalers do you use to make a sparkaler bomb and how do you make them ... im leaving tomaro to go play with fire works yipee !

please help me out with how to make it !!!!!!!

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
Smoked bombs here. You couldn't see 5 feet infront of you for like, 100 yards.
Sparks and **** like that are good. Well, anything that blows up is cool.

Yay, I got sigged again!

·
Registered
105 Posts
my friend lit off those jumping jack things.... well we decided to tie the whicks together... when we let it about 65 green ball went flying everywhere we dove on the ground and i watched as one flew and hit a kid in his chest.... lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess we'll be reading about how you blew "$body_bart" off later on in the week here! ;)

***Don't try anything you read here! These were mistakes people made and are not meant for repeating.***

Not quite firework related, but as a warning don't put chunks of dry ice in a 2liter bottle filled with water and then pick it up and throw it when it doesn't explode by itself. We found chunks of plastic shrapnal in trees near the impact spot. I probably could have gotten killed by that stupidity.

backintothegame said:
How many sparkalers do you use to make a sparkaler bomb and how do you make them ... im leaving tomaro to go play with fire works yipee !

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
backintothegame said:

atleast 20 3000+ is to much

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
lol putting like 100 sparklers together in the ground makes a very hot fire
i once threw a lil firecracker and it blew up like a foot from my hand, man i couldnt hear after that
i almost hit my dad with a bottle rocket once

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
my uncle had a bottle rocket blow up in his face and he lost hearing form one of his ears for a day or so. i had a really crappy fire cracker one time and one of those like wood sticks that u can use to light fireworks with and it lit up in my hand and blew up it didnt even hurt at all though

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
I haven't messed with fireworks too much yet...just threw a few waterproof firecrackers or wutever into the pond by the little fish...thats funny.

The closest call with a firework is one only went about 10 feet up and blew up...everyone dove for ther ground it was hilarious.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
b_heald said:
i once threw a lil firecracker and it blew up like a foot from my hand, man i couldnt hear after that
lol almost the same thing in a diff way it was my macro line that blew up and i couldnt hear after that but it sounded like a fire cracker lol

·
Printer.
1,273 Posts
I'm going out to pick up some fireworks tomorrow, since I'm still in my young and stupid age...
As an interesting anecdote, my friend and I were lighting off smoke bombs after the last day of school. The principal saw us and yelled at us, but no call to the 'rents luckily...I turned my back to her, so hopefully I remained unseen and he'll get off the hook as well.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Made a Drano bomb and got a piece of glass in the leg.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
well some kids that live down the street from me lit about 20 or so bottle rockets off, little did they expect the tube fell launching them basically straight into the street and the house there to, worst happens, truck drives by, one goes in his truck blows up, he gets out yells at kids, then the parents, funny **** to watch tho...hehehe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts