Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trouble in my PM8:
- all first shot fail: the ball pass trought the barrel without energy.
- The second shot and the others are always OK.
- this problem happens if I let the gun some minutes resting, without shooting (exemple: between the games).

I have cleaned all bolt and changed the rings,

Someone can help me?

Thanks!!!

(sorry about my english... I am brazilian...)

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
it's first shot drop off. This is very normal in spool valve markers. Sometimes the board has a FDSO setting where it increases the dwell for the first shot, sometimes not. there's not any fix for it, it's just how things are.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
The board is "Hater"... So I can increase the dwell.
I will try that. THANK YOU!!!
Don't increase the dwell. Matrix is talking about a setting where the gun artificially raises the dwell for the 1st shot only, which helps prevent the drop off you are experiencing.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
it's first shot drop off. This is very normal in spool valve markers. Sometimes the board has a FDSO setting where it increases the dwell for the first shot, sometimes not. there's not any fix for it, it's just how things are.
there are plenty of ways to fix it, increasing dwell and decreasing HPR pressure can help, increasing LPR pressure can help but the easiest way i have found is to mix a little oil in with your lube to loosen it up a bit

also check your battery, FSDO is a common occurrence when the battery is getting low

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't increase the dwell. Matrix is talking about a setting where the gun artificially raises the dwell for the 1st shot only, which helps prevent the drop off you are experiencing.
Thanks for advise me... I didn't pay attention on the message ("dwell for the fisrt shot only").
Thank You!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there are plenty of ways to fix it, increasing dwell and decreasing HPR pressure can help, increasing LPR pressure can help but the easiest way i have found is to mix a little oil in with your lube to loosen it up a bit

also check your battery, FSDO is a common occurrence when the battery is getting low
The battery is OK.
Thanks for the tip ! (about some oil)

Today, after weeks with "the first shot droping off", the marker worked without problem (I didn't change the dwell neither add oil on the lube)....
As martix agent said: "it's just how things are"!

I am happy about this is not a big problem, because I have got this marker from a friend and I was thinking on returning it... and now I am cool about that... Nice marker.

Thanks for all attention you have gave me.

Rock'n and Paint!!!

Nictyplayer (from brazil)
[email protected]

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
its most likely because its a little warmer now when you shot it from the last time. a few drops of oil will solve it though if it comes back (which, it probably will, problems dont usually fix themselves....but we sure wish they did)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts