Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very dumb that I know absolutely nothing about flash. How exactly does it work? I was looking at the macromedia site and that wasnt helping and everything looked so expensive

anyways my questions are ...

What do I need to put flash videos on a site?

What would you need to make a flash site?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so puttin a flash video on a site would be hard becuase thats all I really wanna know how to do.

·
12,110 Posts
Yeah its real hard. Its like trying to make your own computer generated animated cartoon almost. Except way less in depth.

Very long tiem to learn, and its hard to learn. I only know maybe 5%. I know how to fade in and out and do a few different things.

You'd be better off making a rela movie with a camcorder, editing it on your computer, then putting it in flash and adding music and some Graphics and stuff.

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Well, it depends what you want to do.

A simple flash movie is really easy to make, with either keyframing or step by step animation. (aka frame by frame)

I like to play around witht the actionscript package that comes with flash. You can do some really neat stuff.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
are you trying to make a animation and put it on a site or just put one on that is already made.
i took a class in school on html flash css javascripting and actionscripting, its tough to learn and even after you can do it you cant even remember how to do it, i always have to go back to this http://www.sd58.bc.ca/schools/mss/department.htm the 1st 2 topics are whad youd be lookin for. 1st one is basic stuff 2nd is advanced, and im mad because i forgot the pword for it, im trying to make this pb feild editor but need to remember how to actionscript.

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
flash is fun. Its not too tough if you have someone who knows what they're doing and can help you out. Making a flash site is easy, all you need to know is basic actionscripting. A flash video is fun, and most of the time a simple task depending on what type of video you want to make. download the demo and try it. Iv been working with flash for a while, and it takes patience, and when your going to start something big, you need to plan out every bit of it.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Puck3d Up said:
How to learn Flash:
1.)Open Flash
2.)Do Tutorials
3.)Screw Around and learn
4.)Produce flash movies
5)
6)profit
fixed

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
yeah ive been using my *downloaded* copy of Flash 5 for over a year.. still dn all of it.. if i had the will to learn every bit i might have by now.. but i just like it to **** around

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
bobide said:
no, because if you're using pirated version of flash as most of us do, making profit is not a good idea due to the fact that macromedia can sue you for every dime you make from it as well as for piracy of their software. Also the whole "Profit" thing is overused, the reason I choose not to use it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts