Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My paintballing friend has a 98 Custom and I have a Custom Pro w/ ACT. He has a Flatline that he HATES because of how paint-picky they are and I thought I could take advantage of this and get it from him. I talked him into possibly trading his Flatline for my stock Custom Pro barrel (I believe it is a 11 inch Tippmann Werks) and a Brass Eagle Red Dot Sight. He has only used his Flatline ONCE and still has original parts, manual, etc. A new Flatline is like $100 and my Barrel+Sight is like $60.

I would like some comments (from personal experience) of what your thoughts are on the Flatline and on this trade. It seems to me that people either hate or love the Flatline, and there's not really anyone in between.

Thanx,
Jake :hug:

P.S. - I have a 14 inch Progressive, so the Flatline wouldn't be the only barrel I own. I also have not yet completed the trade so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'll get that trade settled.

I'm on a low (VERY low) budget and cant spend $70 for a box of Marballizers. I'm currently using Brass Eagle Monster Balls paint (it's only $25 for 2,000). Does anyone know if this paint will work correctly in the Flatline or of some alternate paints that are fairly inexpensive but will work with this barrel?

Jake

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You don't want monsterball paint in the flatline, like everyone said.

If you have to buy walmart paint, I'd get the better stuff. the RPS swirl should be ok, as well as some of the other brands.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
.... i wouldn't trust any of the Wal-Mart stuff. All of there stuff is old. At the local place around my home town, they get a new shippment of paint every 2 weeks. Meaning you'll never get to old of paint. Older paint dosn't work very good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I have the Flatline. I just bought some DBX paint from Dick's Sporting Goods. Anybody have any experience with this paint in a Flatline?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts