Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 98 custom a while ago and i was set on a flatline barrel. well i got a deal on a custom with the flatline installed. i used his gun after i bought it and the rings were gone on the inside and i needed to use some thread tape on the threads. neways i took the barrel off the gun and put it on my newer model 98C and fixed the other up and sold it. now im having problems. i cannot get this thing to stop breaking balls and to shoot straight. ive washed the barrel and cleaned it dry. ive gone thru 4 20oz tanks and many different kinds of paint (warpaint, zap, diablo, monster balls, wild streaks) and i cannot get this thing to stop breaking balls. the only way i can control it is to screw the velocity screw all the way in and then its barely lobbing the balls thru the woods. the stock barrel is working better. neone have any tips about this gun. i heard to chrono it to 280 and i havent had a chance to get it to a park yet so ive just tried like hell just to get it to shoot straight by adjusting it every shot. im ready to buy a J&J and be rid of it but i only play woodsball. anyone had this problem

·
Zero Or Die
1,143 Posts
Hmm.................Of course Wild Streak will break in it.Have you tried Diablo Scorched in it?Run a squeegee through it like 20 times.IF that dont work you might not have it on right.I don't know much about the flatline.

·
Registered
201 Posts
are you sure you have your barrel in all the way? my friend has one on his 98c and he always has to make sure that it's pushed in all the way. you can usually feel it go in the last little bit so you know it's in all the way. he just eye balls it to get the barrel in straight...also he has broken some paint in the past with it, butt he just purchased a cyclone feed so hopefully that will help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the adaptor is in all the way and the barrel is seated in the notch within the adaptor. when i chop balls now i loosen the adaptor and pull the barrel off and i can see that the chop is when i comes out the adaptor and meets the barrel. really pisses me off that i have a flatline and cant use it cause every 5 balls it chops and when the velocity is taken down as far as it goes i have to get so close that i dont even need a accurate barrel at that point. every ball just archs for about 75 feet and hits the ground. the paint was worrpaint not warpaint thumup: I dont even run the plastic sleeve anymore when the barrel is on the gun im trying to tune it so i know its seated correctly

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
Look to see if the barrel is bent at all.... by that i mean not bent the way its suppose to be. Like cheak for dents in the barrel... have you droped it? or anything like that. Also it still sounds like you don't have the flatline on all the way. Look at the mannual and see. If thats not working call Tippmann they have great coustmer service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to agree with kaz. tippmann does have an excellent customer service, but the makers of the autococker have a better one. like 24/7 tech support. thats unreal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts