Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys. My friend has a flatline and is getting tired of having to pay the premium for good balls (I know that you have to use good paintballs for this barrel).

Anywayz, he wants to sell his flatline that he has only played 3 games with to me for about 85 bucks. Is the flatline worth it? Only people who have used it post.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
no,you don't need to use premium balls with the flatline.me,my brother and several freinds have all used low end diablo heat,draxxus white box,scorch,etc. with flat-lines and have had no problems.
if your buddy's flatline has really only been used three times,then $85 ain't a bad deal. but.......he'll take $75 !!!! thumup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
$85 isn't too bad. and you don't need to empty your pockets for paint either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
not so much...for 85 id get a stiffi, my flatline got jacked by some punk ass 13itch but yea...i didnt like all that much...the ball snakes and wobbles, id give it a 7/10

·
Registered
41 Posts
Flatline is worth it thumup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. My friend has purchased a 40 dollar J&J barrel and he is going to compare the results. He says that the reason why he doesn't like his flatline is because after about the 3-4 game the barrel begins to lose accuracy. He thinks that if he cleans it it will make it brand new again. I will either have a flatline the next time we go paintballing or I will buy a J&J just because I love their quality!

·
Registered
201 Posts
dude...out of all the different paints my friend has used in his flatline...zap is one of the paints that has worked best...you definately don't need high quality paint...you should see if your friend will lower the price, though...

·
Registered
129 Posts
WhiteLightning said:
zap is one of the paints that has worked best
haha, Zap..

I've had really good results from Zaps to believe it or not. only pait i ever buy at Wal Mart.

·
Registered
559 Posts
worth it ony if you play woods ball if not get a different barrel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't tried zap but the scorch balls at walmart are descent for laying paint, I bust more marbilised balls than scorch balls by far & getting hit by thick hot pink balls is next to gettin "hit" by Bubba himself! =(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Big Boss said:
I haven't tried zap but the scorch balls at walmart are descent for laying paint, I bust more marbilised balls than scorch balls by far & getting hit by thick hot pink balls is next to gettin "hit" by Bubba himself! =(
I have heard alot of great reveiws by my friends on scorch balls from wallmart i am thinking about trying them out becuase i didnt have much luck with my PMI Premieum. I used Wreck today tho and they worked fine also in my Progressive.

If you have the money....willing to spend time adjusting the flatline and you know how to keep your paint in very good condition go for it. My friend has a flatline and got some lucky shots on me, slows the paint down if you ask me but if your shooting like 3 at a time or so you should land one.

As long as you spend time adjusting and keep your paint good coniditon...not damp or formed wrong i think its a good barrel. Not for me tho.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes. 85 is a good deal. I love mine and use diablo paint with no problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I recently saw a flatline post in trading, where the owner stated that the barrel was RE Tefloned by tippmann...what's with that?
Does the internal surface wear out?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts