Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody watching this, it's on the discovery channel till 11. If you're not, get off the computer and go watch. These people are always will be true heroes in my mind.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
i just watched it it was good

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
I watched it, God bless them all, to be honest with you I was almost in tears. Very brave people, just put yourself in that situation. The sound of 500mph winds against the plane, 2 very loud engines screaming, attacking the terrorists, injury and death around you, and experiencing all this while watching the ground quickly come at the plane, bravery is an extreme understatement, God bless them all and rest them in Heaven.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prostock05 said:
I watched it, God bless them all, to be honest with you I was almost in tears. Very brave people, just put yourself in that situation. The sound of 500mph winds against the plane, 2 very loud engines screaming, attacking the terrorists, injury and death around you, and experiencing all this while watching the ground quickly come at the plane, bravery is an extreme understatement, God bless them all and rest them in Heaven.
Well put. I only hope that I would be able to act in the same way that they did.

·
12,110 Posts
I still get chills when I hear the words "lets roll".

I wanted to see more of the passengers attacking the terorrists, but it was a good show.

People need to get it into their minds, it doesnt matter if they will be safe, or if they will land. Terrorists took over an airplane. They are bad. You do whatever it is in your abilities to stop them.

I quote Edmund Burke (the actual quote varies and has been lost to time, but its somethign to the effect of)

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
There's no proof that anything happened, either way. Maybe they re-took the plane after it was too late and it crashed anyway. It would be nice to know that they stood up and fought back.

Or it was shot down. In this case, it's still and maybe even more unfortunate that they died.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Torch said:
There's no proof that anything happened, either way. Maybe they re-took the plane after it was too late and it crashed anyway. It would be nice to know that they stood up and fought back.

Or it was shot down. In this case, it's still and maybe even more unfortunate that they died.
Don't even ****in go there. I find it disrespectful that you would say that, did you even watch the ****ing show??? People from the plane called on told people that they were talking to that they WERE in fact going to do something. Also, they have a tape of what went on on that plane, and even though it hasn't been released to the public some family members have heard it. That's as close to proof as you could ever get in a situation like this.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
watched it for 5 minutes and got really bored and turned on the history channel. good story and i admire their efforts, i just didnt need to hear it again.

o, and there is NO WAY you can tell what happened on that plane after the phone calls. for all we know the hijackers lost control cuz they were inexperianced pilots. i have no doubt that people tried to fight back, on all the flights, but to say that those people on the PA flight took the plane down just isnt accurate because nobody will truely ever know what happened on that plane. its nice to think that they did and there is NOT A DOUBT in my mind that some action was taken, but we cant prove that those people took the plane. like alpha said, it doesnt really matter if it was successful, the decision to fight back and resist is all that matters.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imhungry said:
i have no doubt that people tried to fight back, on all the flights
I agree with you on a lot other than this. I have a lot of doubt that the other flights didn't do anything. This flight had one thing that the others didn't, and that was the knowledge that other planes had been flown into the WTC buildings. Before this when a plane was highjacked they had landed the plane somewhere to have demands met, nobody had used a plane as a weapon.

Either way, these people just by taking some action, did more than I think many would have the balls to do.

·
12,110 Posts
They had enough courage in them to at least attempt to fight back. We know that SOMETHING happened. They talked about fighting them on phones, then someone said "LEt's roll". Then you hear a bunch of crashes adn bangs and screaming.

The evidence points to an uprising.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts