Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum, not to others, and have been playing for 4 years now. I have a nice "skins" mask, and before that a scott mask. I've always had a fogging up problem. I was told to use soap water on the goggles, but it is only a short term improvement, and doing that is not an option on the "skins" goggles. During Games I am under the influence of a major adreniline rush so my breathing is short and raspy so I am fogging up a storm. any suggestions on the mask? 0?

btw: my glasses fog up too, but I need them, so same problem.

:?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'd drop the Skins and get a mask with thermal lenses. Try on a few and see which ones work well with your glasses. I used to wear glasses and the first time I played MAN did they fog like crazy.

I would also look into contacts. 5 years ago my eye doctor said my astigmatism was too bad to wear soft contacts. But 2 years later they told me they had made so many improvements they could custom make me a pair of soft lenses... Very expensive, but it was quite possibly the best purchase ever. I get 4 pairs, and wear them for 6 months each. I save the old pairs just incase I am doing something like riding a jet ski or something else where I could easily lose one. I just wear the old ones so it doesnt matter... Contacts would amaze you in paintball.. Really look into it, no matter how bad your vision is. My astigmatism is of differing amounts in different parts of each eye... So if I can get soft lenses, chances are you may be able to as well.

·
Registered
246 Posts
really dude just get a set of gogs with a thermal lense

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
I used to have a HUGE fogging problem and that pissed me off, but then I got a thermal lense and I don't have a problem anymore.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have thermal lenses and glasses, my lense doesnt fog and neither do my glasses. I don't know why. I'd like to get contacts though, but My visions too bad and contacts would mess up my eyes more..

·
Registered
285 Posts
when i play with my glasses they fog like a **** so i took them off for one game and i friendly fired my friend cause i knew my brother(opponent) was wearing yellow but my friend was also, so i just shot at the yellow blur and guess what it wasnt the enemy

·
Registered
8 Posts
http: // www . rainx . com / frame_auto_new.htm

We play in Georgia where temperatures can reach 90 degrees and humidity is always high. Even my Profiler has problems with fog sometimes ... mainly after it rains.

We recently started using Rain-X anti-fog and it appears to help a little bit. Its pretty cheap and you can pick up a bottle at Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts, NAPA, or any other major automotive store. It is meant for car windshields but so far we have not seen any adverse effects on our lenses.

I have also heard baby lotion works?

Another suggestion would be to visit a scuba dive center in your area - there are sprays and cleaners that you can use for scuba masks that are supposed to help control fogging issues.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i spray anti-fog spray on my lenses and they dont fog up at all

·
Why?
146 Posts
a little bit of the spray!

My first game ever with my Scott goggles they fogged like no other! I was running into brush and trees. So one day i purchased some JT anti-fog/cleaner of doom. Buff to a shine, and wala! I have yet to have any fog to this day! It was like 5 bucks for it sooo it wasn't to insane.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts