Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
How can you call this an honorable thing? Yes serving you r country is honorable weather you believe in this war or not because you're following your comander and cheif. But the comander and cheif, escaped the draft (unlike clinton who fled to canada), he's declared the war in Iraq "over" almost a year ago(what a load of BS), Bush had the Iraq war on his agenda before 911, what does this say about Bush?
I do feel bad about him but would not have left that kind of job while Bush is in office. Rant over
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,571 Posts
ezera1979 said:
How can you call this an honorable thing? Yes serving you r country is honorable weather you believe in this war or not because you're following your comander and cheif. But the comander and cheif, escaped the draft (unlike clinton who fled to canada), he's declared the war in Iraq "over" almost a year ago(what a load of BS), Bush had the Iraq war on his agenda before 911, what does this say about Bush?
I do feel bad about him but would not have left that kind of job while Bush is in office. Rant over
First of all, I'm saddened that you had to make this into a political debate.

Bush did not escape the draft. He joined the National Guard. Even if you think that's not "honorable," he did not avoid the draft. And what are you saying about Clinton not avoiding it? He fled to Canada, you even said that!!!!!
I sincerely doubt Bush had the Iraq war on his agenda before 9/11, and even if he did, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! It shows that he wasn't just doing it for political gain, as he was just elected, and the next elections were 4 years away. Saddam was still a threat to the United States- no leader suddenly became a threat because of 9/11. Also, this shows that Bush wasn't just going to fight terrorism because of 9/11, he was preparing to do so beforehand, which shows that he's not as much of an idiot as you think he is.
 

·
That's Hot
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
ezera1979 said:
How can you call this an honorable thing?

I do feel bad about him but would not have left that kind of job while Bush is in office. Rant over
You are completely missing the point. It doesn't matter what president is in office or what his policies are. When a soldier is killed in action, his sacrifice should be respected by all. After all, when a man or woman dies defending his/her country, he or she has very literally taken the bullet in your place. Think about that.

That's rude to the highest degree that you're saying that his sacrifice was not honorable. Pat Tillmann could've been living the high life, raking in millions and gaining nationwide popularity. Instead he felt so strongly about the opportunities this nation has given him that he felt compelled to fulfill a greater calling.

Giving your life up for a good cause, especially one as honorable as the liberation of an oppressed people, is nothing but selfless and worthy of great respect.

When I heard the news this morning I immediately came to respect this man for his selfless devotion and willingness to serve his country, and in doing so paying the ultimate price. His circumstances were exceptional, but even so he had the courage to step up to the challenge and do what the vast majority of Americans in needier circumstances do not have the guts to do.

That guy deserves the utmost respect, as does every soldier in our armed forces. Your judgement of the value of a human life, even a soldier's life, shouldn't be dependent on whether you like the person in charge or not.

The fact that you judged his life's value on the President's choices is nothing short of appalling. Shame on you.
 

·
i play for keeps
Joined
·
7,001 Posts
My respects to the man who lost his life and all others who have been killed in this war.


as for the liberal woman who posted above...so you think john kerry is better candidate? lets see what he supports:

1. Gulf War-OPPOSED
2. Iraq War-SUPPORTED
3. $87 Billion for Iraq reconstruction-OPPOSED
4. Gradually pulling back from Iraq- SUPPORTS

you dumb liberal, you want john kerry in office, who flip flops more than a fish on steroids, in office instead of bush?

like duo said, shame on you
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,148 Posts
he made the greatest sacrifice for our country, and deserves to be remembered as a true hero





oh, and it doesnt matter if bush planned the iraq war before 9/11 because the war has nothing to do with 9/11
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,997 Posts
I agree with this to an extent. We have soldiers dying on an almost daily basis, but because Pat was an NFL player before enlisting, he gets more attention than Joe Shmoe who enlisted for the same reasons. To me, that is NOT right at all.

Do NOT get me wrong at all. I have the utmost respect for this man and all the others who have given their lives for our country. Maybe you know I want to be an army ranger when I can. If I die, I would want no more attention than the next guy, and I think Pat would have wanted it that way too. Seriously, this is the guy who wouldn't allow interviews, do you think it was his wish to have it so highly publicized? I think not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
Why did you make a thread on this? Just becuase he was a football player?

Why should we make a thread on one person what about all the other people who died? We havn't made a thread on them.....why havn't we? just becuase there not "famous." I think thats a bunch of crap...Its sad how all of the soldiers who have been killed are dead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
I think he made the thread because of the externuating circumstances behind his enlistment. I mean, yeah I have friends in the Marines and Army, and yeah one of them isnt going to walk again and one is already dead, and i dont feel bad because this guy is getting attention and they arent. Its just the way it works, I dont believe in heros. Anyman that says he will die for his country can roll with me, regardless of what he did before, alive or not.
When the soldier gets to God he demands his time in heaven, because he has already served in hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
Pr0ph3t said:
I agree with this to an extent. We have soldiers dying on an almost daily basis, but because Pat was an NFL player before enlisting, he gets more attention than Joe Shmoe who enlisted for the same reasons. To me, that is NOT right at all.

Do NOT get me wrong at all. I have the utmost respect for this man and all the others who have given their lives for our country. Maybe you know I want to be an army ranger when I can. If I die, I would want no more attention than the next guy, and I think Pat would have wanted it that way too. Seriously, this is the guy who wouldn't allow interviews, do you think it was his wish to have it so highly publicized? I think not.
Huey69 said:
Why did you make a thread on this? Just becuase he was a football player?

Why should we make a thread on one person what about all the other people who died? We havn't made a thread on them.....why havn't we? just becuase there not "famous." I think thats a bunch of crap...Its sad how all of the soldiers who have been killed are dead.
my thoughts exactly...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,281 Posts
Huey69 said:
Why did you make a thread on this? Just becuase he was a football player?.
Well because it was made such a big deal when this first happened. He chose to serve his country over a 3.6 million football contract. That is more than the average person sacrifices.

Yes he is doing the same thing hundreds of thousands of other americans are doing, I understand that, and I feel the exact same respect and gratitude to all the others who have been killed besides him.
 

·
That's Hot
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
BZSentinel said:
Well because it was made such a big deal when this first happened. He chose to serve his country over a 3.6 million football contract. That is more than the average person sacrifices.

Yes he is doing the same thing hundreds of thousands of other americans are doing, I understand that, and I feel the exact same respect and gratitude to all the others who have been killed besides him.
You said it all man. Thanks! thumup:
 

·
That's Hot
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
TippmannFronter's thoughts on this (his account isn't working, so I'm posting for him):

he should be totally honored and respected becasue he had the choice to stay in the u.s. and play football and get a 3 million dollar contract or fight for his country.....that my friends is honor
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top