Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this:

Love is the greatest feeling you will ever have, yet it is also one of the greatest sorrows. There is so much suffering, but then there are times when the crying, pain, and heartache is worth it. Those moments are perfect, they are right. Those moments make all the suffering worth while. It's those moments we should live for.

How many of you have had this line placed on you, after the break-up:
"I think we should just be friends" Sometimes, you just want to give that person that you love what he/she wants; but reach inside yourself next time, and think: "Is just friends really what I want?"

A poem I found:

"Just friends" she said.
"Just friends" he said.
Eight years old, and they made the vow to remain just good friends.
"I need some room" she said.
"I'll back away" he said.
Ten years old, and they made the vow to give each other space.
"Does Tommy like me?" she asked.
"I'll find out" he said.
Twelve years old, and he made the vow to find out if Tommy liked her.
"He doesn't love me anymore" she said.
"He doesn't deserve you" he said.
Fourteen years old, and he made the vow to love her forever.
"Nobody loves me," she said.
"I know someone who does" he said.
Sixteen years old, and he made the vow to love her forever.
"I'm getting married" she said.
"I'll be there" he said.
Eighteen years old, and he made the vow to forever hold his peace.
"I got divorced yesterday" she said.
"I'm here for you" he said.
Twenty years old, and he made the vow to be there for her forever.
"Why doesn't anyone love me?" she asked.
"I have always loved you" he said.
Twenty-two years old, and he made the vow to keep on loving her.
"I could never love you," she said.
"I could never stop" he said.
Twenty-four years old, and he made the vow to never love again.
"I can never see you again" she said.
"I can never live again" he said.
Twenty-six years old, and he made the vow to never live again.
"I'm sorry" she said.
Twenty-eight years old, and he made the vow as he lay in an open casket.

When you think of your past love, you may view it as a failure. But when you find a new love, you view the past as a teacher. In the game of love, it doesn't really matter who wins or loses. What's important is knowing when to hold on and when to let go. You know you truly love someone when you want him or her to be happy, even if their happiness means that you're not part of it.

If the person you love doesn't love you back, don't be afraid to love someone else again, for you'll never know unless you give it a try. You can't finish a book without closing it's chapters. If you want to go on, you have to leave the past as you turn the pages. Love isn't destroyed by a single failure or won by a single caress. It's a lifetime venture in which you're always learning, discovering, and growing. The greatest irony of love is letting go when you need to hold on and holding on when you need to let go. We lose someone we love only when we are destined to find someone else who can love us even more than we can love ourselves. When falling out of love, take some time to heal and then get back on the horse. Just don't ever make the same mistake of riding the same one that threw you off the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts