Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lounging around since '04
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im not going to be driving for a while seeing as how i need to get my permit (next week!) but im getting a job to save up for one of those...i want the last generation cuz theres just something about its look. it looks so clean and smooth, well anywayz whoever has an experience with this car post and lets hope for the best :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
They stopped making them at 1996. I have an 88 and 88 up looks all the same almost. Broncos get around 17-18 MPG on highway and 13-14 in the city if you drive decent. Also depends on the engine and your foot.

·
Registered
972 Posts
LaNeR said:
They stopped making them at 1996. I have an 88 and 88 up looks all the same almost. Broncos get around 17-18 MPG on highway and 13-14 in the city if you drive decent. Also depends on the engine and your foot.
actually he is right, but thats like an 87 351w. the 5.0 gets like 18mpg. in 96 they cancled the line and introduced the expedition, the next generation of gas guvlers. the 89+ look the same from the front view but the major differences were introduced in 1990, and that is why they are split up into time periods. 96-90, 89-86, 85-80, 79-77, and 77-66.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
oo don't even go there w/ the 351. i had a 351 cleveland in my old f-150 i was lucky to get 10 or 12 on the highway. prophet has some bronco experiences... :rolleyes:

i'm not a big bronco fan personally. nor am i a big ford fan. but its hard to beat a nice stang. my truck had me po'd today and yesterday. starter died and it was a real pain in the butt to change it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
lbreevesii said:
oo don't even go there w/ the 351. i had a 351 cleveland in my old f-150 i was lucky to get 10 or 12 on the highway. prophet has some bronco experiences... :rolleyes:

i'm not a big bronco fan personally. nor am i a big ford fan. but its hard to beat a nice stang. my truck had me po'd today and yesterday. starter died and it was a real pain in the butt to change it...
I OWN a 1988 FSB with a 351W in it and I get 17-18 easy on the highway. I have 3.08 gears and get around 10-11 mpg in the city. When I regear I'll be getting around 13-14 MPG in the city and more on the highway. 3.08 gears are very very bad gears for 33's. I'm getting some 4.11's which will put it more in the powerband. I have the k&n FIPK and Magnaflow exhaust and that's my mileage. So it also depends on the gears aswell.

Let's get back ontopic: Ralph if I was you I wouldn't look for a specific year just find one that doesn't have alot of problems and no rust. Broncos are very fun imo. I love mine.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
never said you couldn't get good mileage w/ one. but when you have bad gearing, rebuilt motor with compression issues and it has a carb w/ sticky valves...yeah, you get the picture. if the 3.0 in my ranger ever dies its getting a V8 conversion and a 5.0 pronto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stock with 3.08 and 3.55. 3.08 to 4.11 will be a HUGE difference in the city. If I go with a 4.56 I will have to change carriers which sucks that's why I am going with the 4.11's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts