Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you have some recommendations for a good foregrip for a 98C pro. The one that came with the gun isn't as comfortable as I'd like.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Right, I tried to post but only manged to reset my computer instead.

Like these fellows said, with the vertical adaptor you can install any expansion chamber or regulator you choose. Some make better grips than others, some look better, and some function better.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. Since I'm new to this, I'm not familiar with what an Expansion chamber is. Could one of you please post an explanation or perhaps a link so I can get a clearer idea? Sorry for sounding like such a noob.

EDIT: I did some research and it seems like an expansion chamber helps if you use CO2. I'm using Nitro.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
http://www.paintballforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97992
There's all about an ACI chamber.

You're right, they have no effect on HPA/Nitrogen. A regulator would effect it and allow you to fine tune the velocity and change the operating pressure of the gun a little. But they rarely have the grooves a grip does. But that might be what you're looking for.

There are also gas-through grips that would work. They're just a hollow tube.

I say gas through because they would still use the vertical adaptor and air would go through them. Really I think that is the easiest way to mount a new grip on a 98.

You might try opsgear or specops for some other forgrips, they have a lot of military style stuff. There's probably a charging handle or something that doesn't have the air-through if you don't need it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the shop and checked out some foregrips. The nicest one was the expansion chamber. I have no need for the chamber since I'm using air. Does anyone make a grip that is like the expansion chamber (size and feel wise) but is not an actual xchamber?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts