Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
What kind of card do you have now? If it's integrated graphics you can't really expect much.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Source runs fine on my 5200fx (which is only a $40 card tops), not on high settings though. Lower your settings. If possible post your system specs.

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
TheInvision23 said:
Does anyone care to explain how to lower your graphics setting?
he was talking about cs not your computer in general but if you were asking about cs just go to options and lower the video stuff but for your computer idk

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
How low are we talking, anyways? Your eyes won't detect much of a change if it's over 25. Ideally you should have it set so it never goes below 40 or so, though. Higher is always better, of course, though.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Put it to all low settings. Download a program called "Enditall." Use it to close all background stuff to clear up ram. Use 800x600 screen settings if you have to.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Did you update your drivers? I know that for me the current driver bumped me up 30fps in some games.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
updating video drivs is the best thing you can do for games that run slow even on low graphic setting.

and for the record my 4 year old geforce 4 card will run source just fine on menium detail settings(no reflection, shading or anything else "new" though)

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
TonyD said:
How low are we talking, anyways? Your eyes won't detect much of a change if it's over 25. Ideally you should have it set so it never goes below 40 or so, though. Higher is always better, of course, though.
The human eye can detect changes in FPS up to around 60fps.

Human eye vision is around 60 fps as per our tests of Showscan proved years
ago.

Jim Dickson
http://www.cinematography.net/Pages DW/TheHumanEye.htm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts