Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the diffrence between a freak jr. and a regular freak is there a diffrence? Sorry if this has already been asked but i searched and it didnt come up. Thanks.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Jr. comes with fewer inserts is all i beleive.

Illd recommend either having 2 piece modded to take freaks orgetting something like a deadlywind wisper over either though...

·
Registered
166 Posts
the difference bteween the freak and the freak jr. is that the freak jr. only comes in one size and color, a 14 inch, with the same amount of inserts. a cheaper way to have a barrel kit.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
Jr. comes with fewer inserts is all i beleive.

Illd recommend either having 2 piece modded to take freaks orgetting something like a deadlywind wisper over either though...
Im not sure how to multi quote (theirs pry a button for it now that i already hit the quote button) but...

Deadly wind FTW!

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
the difference is size, they have differnt sizes for different sized paint, you use the to "bore up" your paint or to "match the bore to the paint" causing greater accuracy with he right bore, try to find a bore that the ball doesnt fall completely through, but doesnt get stuck when you try to blow it out. and make sure to try the bore with more then one paintball for some companys paint isnt that great and vary in size.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
I have done a few different barrels to take the Freak Inserts. As well as turned them into Freak/All American barrel fronts. This is time consuming and is a hit or miss task as it depends on the barrel I am starting from.

To convert them so they take the inserts I just have to bore them out to take the Inserts and place two oring grooves. I can not do this to some barrels because of thread sizes on the barrel and how the bolt fits.

A for the front cut off the barrel threads, turn it down to fit, make the tray for the insert, and rethread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts